Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which dragons which
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Prime Mover
Inti Jiwana and Chicoaze

Which ones the feathered serpent and which ones the eastern?

The Jake
Wasn't there one mentioned in Augmentation? What's its name....

The feathered serpent with the black aura as described in the Aztlan sourcebook. Are they the same?

- J.
Hagga
Chances are.

Dragons can get cyberware, so it could be augmented, but it could also be corrupted. Vestrivian? Or was he a bog standard Western?
Prime Mover
QUOTE (The Jake @ Jan 18 2009, 10:40 PM) *

The feathered serpent with the black aura as described in the Aztlan sourcebook. Are they the same?

- J.

These are the ones mentioned in AUG and here on the boards several times. Presumably also one of the ones mentioned in Atzlan book.
Snow_Fox
older works like "Dragon Hunt" talk about dragon's with cyber going nuts.
Hagga
Eliohann got a newer set which fit him better. They take double essence loss and it hurts, I think, when they use magic.
The Jake
Well the new trode technology was largely stimulated by dragons (i.e. Celedyr). Now that trodes no longer suck, it is fair to ask how far then has cyber progressed for dragons then too?

- J.
Snow_Fox
-sarcasm mode on-

yeah I want to be the one to experiment on whether the new technology is sufficiently advanced to prevent my patient form going psychotic and eating me.
vapor
QUOTE (Snow_Fox @ Jan 19 2009, 12:25 AM) *
-sarcasm mode on-

yeah I want to be the one to experiment on whether the new technology is sufficiently advanced to prevent my patient form going psychotic and eating me.

Where's your sense of adventure? Besides, that kind of work has an interns name written all over it...
Falrien
Well there is that young dragon who worked with that company...
Falrien
Got, it. He is in the ancient files.

"Emerging Futures was working on hooking paranormal animals up to the Matrix under the heading of Project Cerebus. Eliohann, the young western dragon used in the final experiments, received a set of datajacks and ultimately ended up purchasing the company, which went into partnership with Ares for a time. Recently, Eliohann has sold Emerging Futures to Transys Neuronet"

All to do with big D's will. but it would seem that there are some cybered dragons around which are ok after
Snow_Fox
That wasd the one from the advernture "Dragon Hunt" before they got him 'tuned' he lost his memory and went bug nuts. Some of the BIG dragons, like D were on shadowland but it is thought they were turtles.
AllTheNothing
QUOTE (Snow_Fox @ Jan 19 2009, 04:48 PM) *
That wasd the one from the advernture "Dragon Hunt" before they got him 'tuned' he lost his memory and went bug nuts. Some of the BIG dragons, like D were on shadowland but it is thought they were turtles.

Turtles?
They could have been there "riding" a metahuman mind, you know.... dragonspeach.
FlakJacket
QUOTE (AllTheNothing @ Jan 20 2009, 12:33 AM) *
Turtles? They could have been there "riding" a metahuman mind, you know.... dragonspeach.

I have a vague memory of one of the novels having Jane-in-the-Box mentioning that Dunkelzahn occasionally 'riding' her when she was in the Matrix. In one of the Dragonheart books, of giant brown nipples fame, I'm fairly sure. Now granted the novels aren't canon for anything other than general plot but it makes sense.
ravensmuse
The Dragonheart books (yay brown nipples!) aren't considered canon? IIRC, it's been referenced here by the devs as having the true reason why Dunk died...
hobgoblin
QUOTE (The Jake @ Jan 19 2009, 04:40 AM) *

page? i did a quick flip but nothing stood out. im guessing its in the cyber section somewhere?
BIG BAD BEESTE
Hmmm, anyone ever thought of what a cyberzombie dracoform might be like? Just a thought...
Prime Mover
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Jan 20 2009, 09:09 AM) *
page? i did a quick flip but nothing stood out. im guessing its in the cyber section somewhere?

This post has strayed far from its start. spin.gif

Reference is 144-145 in Aug in the fluff regarding cyberzombies. both of these dragons have been mentioned repeatedly on the boards here as well. I was just wondering if anyone knew which was which.
hobgoblin
i would say the names alone tells one what is what. i dont think there is much use of j and i in native american languages...
HappyDaze
Hmmm, anyone ever thought of what a cyberzombie dracoform might be like? Just a thought...

Reeks of D&D's dracolich idea to me.
hobgoblin
QUOTE (HappyDaze @ Jan 20 2009, 07:03 PM) *

with a nice dose of ebberon warforged added to the usual setup wink.gif
Ed_209a
QUOTE (HappyDaze @ Jan 20 2009, 01:03 PM) *

I'm glad I'm not the only D&D geek who thought that... smile.gif
AllTheNothing
QUOTE (FlakJacket @ Jan 20 2009, 05:47 AM) *
I have a vague memory of one of the novels having Jane-in-the-Box mentioning that Dunkelzahn occasionally 'riding' her when she was in the Matrix. In one of the Dragonheart books, of giant brown nipples fame, I'm fairly sure. Now granted the novels aren't canon for anything other than general plot but it makes sense.

I have to remember the find one of those books.
Kanada Ten
Google tells me that Chicoaze is Aztec for six, and Inti Jiwana is Quechua (Inca?) for “Death of the Sun" (solar eclipse).
Demonseed Elite
QUOTE (Kanada Ten @ Jan 20 2009, 06:14 PM) *
Google tells me that Chicoaze is Aztec for six, and Inti Jiwana is Quechua (Inca?) for “Death of the Sun" (solar eclipse).

Six is important to Aztec myth, especially in conjunction with the sun (and the death of suns).
Kanada Ten
QUOTE (Demonseed Elite @ Jan 20 2009, 07:05 PM) *
Six is important to Aztec myth, especially in conjunction with the sun (and the death of suns).

Right. Chicoaze means Sixth Sun, as in the last age, Fifth World style. Inti Jiwana, when the black panther devours the sun... And then Aztechnology used to be ORO, which is Oreo without an 'E' and an oreo looks like an eclipsed sun. So ORO is a corrupted oreo, a bad cookie... Which means that Inti Jiwana has to be the eastern dragon!
Prime Mover
QUOTE (Kanada Ten @ Jan 21 2009, 10:59 AM) *
Right. Chicoaze means Sixth Sun, as in the last age, Fifth World style. Inti Jiwana, when the black panther devours the sun... And then Aztechnology used to be ORO, which is Oreo without an 'E' and an oreo looks like an eclipsed sun. So ORO is a corrupted oreo, a bad cookie... Which means that Inti Jiwana has to be the eastern dragon!

Oreos of course...what about the golden ones?
Kanada Ten
QUOTE (Prime Mover @ Jan 21 2009, 11:13 AM) *
Oreos of course...what about the golden ones?

El Dorado, Spanish for "Golden One", obviously the lair of Inti Jiwana.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012