Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Possessing Adepts
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
HappyDaze
How are Adept powers affected by the Adept being the subject of a spirit's Possession? Does this change if the Mystic Adept summoned the spirit himself and has Channeling? Likewise, can a self-summoned possessed Mystic Adept with Channeling use his metamagic techiniques (like Adept Centering)?

EDIT: Nevermind. I found pretty much everything I need in another thread.
Dashifen
Someone possessed is under the complete control of the spirit unless they have Channeling. I would probably restrict access to the Adept's powers by the Spirit during the possession because the skills and knowledge of the possessed are also restricted. If the possessed has Channeling, then the possessed can control themselves and has access to the skills, knowledge, powers, etc. so in you're example of self-summoned possessed Mystic Adept would have access to his Centering metamagic, IMO.
raggedhalo
I think that Possession always overrides the possessee's special attributes (like Resonance or Magic) so no adept powers here, even with Channeling.
Malicant
QUOTE (raggedhalo @ Jan 20 2009, 04:56 PM) *
I think that Possession always overrides the possessee's special attributes (like Resonance or Magic) so no adept powers here, even with Channeling.
Which would make Channeling extremely pointless, wouldn't it?
raggedhalo
Not at all; Channeling means you still have your normal skills, means that you're now a super-augmented hardass rather than just a spirit wearing a meat sock.

But you might be right. Perhaps Channeling does let you keep hold of your pre-existing Magic abilities.

HappyDaze, what was the other thread you were talking about?
Meschler
Must be the Possession FAQ's. You can fount it here.

Best wishes,
Meschler
Malicant
QUOTE (raggedhalo @ Jan 21 2009, 11:11 AM) *
Not at all; Channeling means you still have your normal skills, means that you're now a super-augmented hardass rather than just a spirit wearing a meat sock.
I don't know for sure but channeling is kinda a Metamagic and that kinda is usually only learned by people who are kinda not on the hardass side of Runnertown. Sure, powergaming allows for sick combos.... but that's not how a Metamagic should work (i.e. only usuful to certain builds that maybe even only work with channeling). The average mage possessed bye a spirit will suck at stuff useful during possession (other than magic), so the 2 or maybe even 3 extra dice for one or two skills might not be worth to learn channeling. If it let's you not use your own magic, that is.

Or something like that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012