Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cyberarm Idea
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Earthwalker
If you had

Cyberarm
Cybereyes
Smartlink

And an open com channel to one of your runner mates, who had permission would he be able to fire your gun for you.
You can broadcast what your eyes see persumably with the smart link target icon.
Can he control the arm to aim ?

If all this is possible what dice pool would be used.

Arm guy has Agi 3 and no automatics skill.
The arm has Agi 6.
The person remotly using the arm has 7 agi and automtics 5.
Aaron
I believe the controller would be using a Command program, and so the dice pool would be Automatics + Command. If it was me behind the BBS, I would also impose the "firing from a vehicle" dice pool modifier, since the host shifts and moves under his or her own power.
InfinityzeN
Read up more bro. Cyberlimbs are DNI controlled. They are also an externally accessable part and only have wireless for diagnostics. So unless the person gets the limb made to be controlled wirelessly (since by default it is not), then that wouldn't fly.
Earthwalker
I was thinking that it wouldn’t work as standard.

You would either need to rigger adapt your cyberarm. No idea ho you would do that in game terms. Then I guess its Command + Gunnery ?

Or (no idea if this can be done) fit your comlink between your brain box and into your arm. Then allow your comlink to accept imput from someone else. I guess that’s Agi of the arm + Automatics of the guy in the system and presumably he can’t move his own arm.

Of course this does leave you open to Nelson Munst hacking in and repeatly punching you in the face with your own arm, at the same time in your heads up display has the message “Stop hitting yourself� flashing on and off.
InfinityzeN
You wouldn't need a rigger adaption for the arm, just get one with the ability to accept commands from wireless (rather than DNI and wired). Also, you can fit commlinks into cyberlimbs. Don't have my books (@ work), but I think they take 1 or 2 slots.

Your last line does cover why you wouldn't want to allow wireless on your cyberlimbs and cybereyes nicely. And since they are externally accessable, that couldn't happen unless you were stupid enough to get them with wireless controls (which is not standard on externally accessable ware, only wireless diagnostics as I stated earlier).
Aaron
QUOTE (InfinityzeN @ Jan 22 2009, 08:51 AM) *
Read up more bro. Cyberlimbs are DNI controlled. They are also an externally accessable part and only have wireless for diagnostics. So unless the person gets the limb made to be controlled wirelessly (since by default it is not), then that wouldn't fly.

So you don't think that diagnostics include full-range motion checks?
Heath Robinson
QUOTE (Aaron @ Jan 22 2009, 02:06 PM) *
If it was me behind the BBS, I would also impose the "firing from a vehicle" dice pool modifier, since the host shifts and moves under his or her own power.

And the converse; the movements of the arm moves the body thanks to Newton's laws. Apply an equal penalty to the other person.
Fix-it
one would assume so, but one would also assume the designer would not be stupid enough to allow them to be accessed via wireless.
InfinityzeN
QUOTE (Aaron @ Jan 22 2009, 12:25 PM) *
So you don't think that diagnostics include full-range motion checks?

Not controlled by wireless. The wireless stuff in externally accessable ware is just info. For a full-range motion checks diagnostics you plug it in.
Aaron
QUOTE (InfinityzeN @ Jan 22 2009, 12:10 PM) *
Not controlled by wireless. The wireless stuff in externally accessable ware is just info. For a full-range motion checks diagnostics you plug it in.

Well, I'd point out that neither vi nor SSH were supposed to execute buffer overflow commands, Bluetooth-enabled phones are not supposed have directly accessible memory, Firefox's address bar isn't supposed to be a network command line interface, and the Zune isn't supposed to go into an infinite loop on the last day of a leap year. I think the skill is called "Hacking" and the program called "Exploit" for a reason.
Aaron
QUOTE (Heath Robinson @ Jan 22 2009, 11:29 AM) *
And the converse; the movements of the arm moves the body thanks to Newton's laws. Apply an equal penalty to the other person.

Nice.
InfinityzeN
QUOTE (Aaron @ Jan 23 2009, 09:56 AM) *
Well, I'd point out that neither vi nor SSH were supposed to execute buffer overflow commands, Bluetooth-enabled phones are not supposed have directly accessible memory, Firefox's address bar isn't supposed to be a network command line interface, and the Zune isn't supposed to go into an infinite loop on the last day of a leap year. I think the skill is called "Hacking" and the program called "Exploit" for a reason.

By RAW they wrote it up so that cyberlimbs and such are not hackable. Too bad, so sad.
Aaron
QUOTE (InfinityzeN @ Jan 23 2009, 09:13 AM) *
By RAW they wrote it up so that cyberlimbs and such are not hackable. Too bad, so sad.

I'm afraid I don't have my books right in front of me at the moment, but I seem to recall a line in SR4 that specifically mentioned hacking a cyberarm, maybe on or around page 304. I was wondering if you had a page reference that contradicted that?
InfinityzeN
Not sure about what part your talking about. I'm going by the Internal/external cyberware wireless description. Will look up pages and such when I get home.

*EDIT*
Read up again through the BBB and Augmentation. Going by page 31 in Augmentation, it looks like it is GM call for the default wireless type (full wireless, partial wireless, RFID monitoring) by RAW. I been going by my call on it so long that I got it stuck in my head. Of course, the person getting the implant still can choose any level at the time they get it, including no wireless, for no extra charge.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012