Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wishful thinking
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Prime Mover
With taxes come an extended rpg budget for a short while before the wife wants to remodel something. On the up side two of my favorite games have releases available for preorder up until 3rd quarter or later in the year. So I can sink that cash away and just wait for books to arrive in the mailbox. ( You know the one, always checking it a few days after an order like it's gonna have gold bars appear in it.)

Just wondering if CGL ever considered the ability to pre-order well ahead of release dates?
Adam
QUOTE (Prime Mover @ Jan 27 2009, 10:45 PM) *
Just wondering if CGL ever considered the ability to pre-order well ahead of release dates?

Yes, we've considered it, no, we're not going to do it. We much prefer announcing things closer to the release date and only making them available for purchase when we know what the street date is. This helps keep a more level playing field between us and retailers, and protects both us and our customers from situations where products are delayed, change in price, change in scope, etc.
Cardul
A good example of why is: The Battlecorps Anthology. People pre-ordered it something like a year and a half before it actually came out, CGL ended up giving partial refunds on it, and only printed up enough to cover the pre-orders. Their next printing took almost a year to come available, and cost a good bit more then the original, since they re-did it into a bludgeon, er, hard back.
Adam
The second printing of The Corps: BattleCorps Anthology Vol. I wasn't a hardback, and it only cost $2 more than the first printing.
Cardul
QUOTE (Adam @ Jan 28 2009, 02:46 AM) *
The second printing of The Corps: BattleCorps Anthology Vol. I wasn't a hardback, and it only cost $2 more than the first printing.

Huh? Funny, the only ones I had heard about after the first "We only made enough for the pre-orders. Everyone else is SOL" printing was the hard back one that is $14.95. If there was another paperback printing, it never showed up on BC....
Adam
Softcover, 14.95: http://www.battlecorps.com/catalog/product...roducts_id=1810

First printing was 12.95 and softcover.

"We only made enough for the pre-orders. Everyone else is SOL"

We did this because if we had waited until we could have done a full print run, the people who pre-ordered would have been SOL even longer. They had already waited more than long enough.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012