Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Request: Fenris Nacht Information
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
DV8
So, during my campaign I had to come up with a mid-level fixer on the fly, so I came up with the following in a split second; he's French and he uses Fenris Nacht as his base of operations, because I had read somewhere that they're pretty close-lipped, almost tribal. What I hadn't remembered is that it's a shifter hang-out. So now I'm in a bit of a pickle and looking for a bit more information on Fenris Nacht in Seattle. I know there's not much canon material, but I'm interested in what you've done with the place, what it looks like, notable personalities, etc.

Thanks!
Fuchs
I think there's some info in "Into the Shadows", in the Striper story, but I am not sure.
GreyBrother
New Seattle covers some stuff about the Fenris Nacht, too
Ancient History
Deev!
DV8
Hey man. smile.gif
Kanada Ten
This was just a random shifter den, but it might be helpful.

Etiquette (4) Test
Appriopriate Contacts: Runner, Eco-Warrior, Sapience Rights Activist

1 success - Smells like an animal den? Everybody walking around in dingy robes or soot soaked cloaks like some dreary monastery? Yeah, been there.

2 successes - Place is a fucking warren, a maze. Came in through a window with my friend, left though a bank vault in an old squatter haunt, weaving room to room through makeshift portals and drek. People coming and going, disappearing into holes in the ground or ceiling. Not a single, decent light in the whole shamble of apartments - unless you count the tangles of xmas lights and chinese lanturns piled around the courtyards. My hackles were up on end the whole time we were in there, and I got the feeling they felt the same about me, wide eyes darting looks from under hoods.

3 successes - There's two guys to watch out for, Heckle and Jayde. We were waiting in one of the courtyards for our J to show up and these two saunter up. The one was wearing four or five jackets and had a mange of wild, ruddy hair; he laughed and slapped his knees whever his chummer said anything. The other, Jayde, a girl, my friend said, though she was too thin to tell and had her jet black hair slicked back, wore a pinstripe suit. She comes over and gives me a queer look, saying, "Nice outfit, cowboy." The other guy just starts laughing and wheezing.

4 successes - That girl's smile... You know I don't mind a pretty girl's smile, but when she smiled with those horrible, pointed yellow teeth, well it was like a crocodile pleased with the arrival of dinner. Don't know what would've happened if the contact hadn't showed up then.

6+ successes - Look, if you get into trouble down there, find this guy named Aurillo. He's a hulking minotaur, and some kind of shaman, too. Tell him you're a friend of mine and he'll help you. He owes me a favor...
DV8
So it doesn't have any traditional hallmarks of a club or bar? No advertising but strictly underground, word-of-mouth type stuff?
Kanada Ten
I think the canon Fenris Nacht is just a bar, right? Yeah, my contact notes were just for a shifter den I'd hoped to send my players into. Probably not too helpful, but I thought the characters might be of interest.
DV8
Well, it gives me some things to consider, which is always good. Thanks for the input, Kanada. smile.gif
Wesley Street
From New Seattle, page 45:

Fenris Nacht
1807 North 49th Avenue Court NE
Typical of most Tacoma Bars and nightclubs, Fenris Nact is dark and gloomy as a cave. The regular patrons tend to be clannish and close-mouthed, especially to strangers. Secrecy and privacy are the watchwords here, which makes Fenris a popular place for the local fixers and their contacts to meet. Make sure you're invited if you plan to go; Fenris is no place for hunting down business.

>Fenris is also popular with various urban shapeshifters. They stay in their human forms inside the club and keep a low profile, but you can spot them from time to time. Most of the shifters are wolves, but some other types also show up. Why shifters like the place, I'm not sure. Maybe business, maybe a desire to be with others of their kind, or maybe the club serves as a hunting ground for predatory shifters. I don't know, and I don't intend to hang around and find out.
>Masque

For some reason, probably because I saw Milk recently, I'm reminded of the gay bar raids of the 1950s and 1960s. I have a vision in my head of a group of shifters, some half transformed into wolf-like humanoids, being led out in chains into a waiting Lone Star transport van.
DV8
In the end, my runners only astrally scanned the building and got so shit-scared that they didn't dare to go inside. The Tacoma street it is on is dark and desolate, in a neighbourhood riddled with heavy industry and grim, tight-lipped, blue collar workers. Real inviting stuff. All the lights were blown along the street, with the exception of one in front of an unassuming, six-storey building. The top two floors were pretty much empty, some rubble here and there. The bottom four a dilapidated with about eight apartments per floor, mostly empty, some of them housing solitary, dual natured individuals whose aura "just seemed off." It didn't take long for them to connect the dots and realise that all the whispered rumours about Fenris Nacht were probably true. The apartments they found the odd humans in all seemed cluttered and unusual, like nests or burrows rather than "normal" apartments. For the life of them, they couldn't find the supposed bar/club until they came to the ground floor, which served, mostly, for storage. The door leading to the sidewalk almost immediately lead to a staircase leading down into the basement. The basement had some "unique and interesting" changes compared to similar buildings on that block - changes that were most likely went unauthorised and didn't stay in keeping with any zoning and building laws. The basement was huge, with several dark, labyrinthine corridors and rooms, and, likely, a connection to the furthest reaches of the Ork Underground.

When they were finally discovered while on their astral jaunt through the place, the dual-natured humans responded cautiously hostile. Eventually, one man, taller and stronger than the rest - the alpha male - "spoke" for them. Making it clear that they were not invited and, thus, not wanted and that it would be in everyone's best interest that they leave. By that point they were so scared that they took that opportunity to get the hell out of there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012