Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Toxic Plant Spirits
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Tomothy
Anyone have any idea of how I could represent a Toxic Plant Spirit? My only idea so far is something to do with deforestation. But the word is too clunky and I can't think of any way to represent it visually that appeals to me. Possibly something to do with organic narcotics... opium, marajuana?
GreyBrother
Think of poisoned Plants, flesh eating giant monster plants,
plants that are withered away and stuff.
Ancient History
Poison ivy.
BookWyrm
You could try forms of rotting mulch, browned or blackned plant-forms (as if they've been burned) with plenty of thorns, pieces of brittle bark constantly falling off and disintegrating; the body itself yellowed or brown from decay and foul-smelling.
That's what comes to my mind when I hear the phrase Toxic Plant Spirit. Check Street Magic. I will shortly & update this entry.

Updated: There's no description of a Toxic plant spirit in Street Magic, so I would go with the above description.
Prime Mover
Do google image search for ugly,scary,evil etc plants, great inspiration.
raggedhalo
Jase and the Wheeled Warriors...
Falrien
Massive chunks of Japanese knot weed
Tomothy
Cheers, went with the poisonous plant option.
MK Ultra
Think Genefood, mono-cultures, vat-vedgies and bio-ethanol green hell, maybe, or go for drought, decay and famin as themes. Mutated plants are also fine, but my personal favourit is the good old hostile nature killer-plant theme - choking vines, poisoned plants and flesh eating giant flowers. If you are looking for a catchy name, I´d go for decay spirit.
pbangarth
Kudzu, with legs.
paws2sky
Feed me, Seymour!
Matsci
Giants piles of tar coated kelp.

Kelp is the evilest plant in existence.
Speed Wraith
All I can think of is that the corpse flower would probably make an excellent choice. I would think poppies (or marijuanna, which sure ain't a narcotic nyahnyah.gif) would be more the province of twisted mages or specialty traditions (Rasta-mage anyone?).
Browncoatone
http://www.somethingpositive.net/sp05042002.shtml

Oh come on! Somebody had to do it!
Kanada Ten
A dust devil of twisting brambles and vines with half exposed bodies trapped inside it bursting like bloody pus sacks. It speaks through the screaming howl of metahumans being crushed and shredded inside its swirling form. Obsidian thorns whooshing like chainsaw blades, it advances, spitting asphalt and splinters.
pbangarth
Oohh... I like that one!
toturi
QUOTE (Tomothy @ Jan 30 2009, 11:21 PM) *
Anyone have any idea of how I could represent a Toxic Plant Spirit? My only idea so far is something to do with deforestation. But the word is too clunky and I can't think of any way to represent it visually that appeals to me. Possibly something to do with organic narcotics... opium, marajuana?

Frank's Toxics for reference.
Panzergeist
Coca spirit.

This is the house that crack built...
wind_in_the_stones
Molds, slimes. Diseased plants.
jesusofthemonkeys
seconding the Mold/slime idea. Fungus in general is pretty good.

First thing I thought of was some type of hanging tree.
masterofm
Spirits pulsing with an unhealthy yellow glow always do the trick no matter what size.

Plants with mutations.

Odd purple bulbs that ooze black liquid

Festering rotting fruit oozing whitish/yellow/brown puss (mix and match the colors as you see fit) that has a large insect larvie (maybe with a bloodshot human eye that is also a mouth with sharp teeth) crawling around in it.

Giant leaves with the imprint of screaming faces that seam to shift while you look at them.

Tree stumps that are twisted into horrific forms of some weird occult images.

Dead mulch that pools up and inside it are syringes, rusted cans, a plastic water bottle and other forms of disgusting trash.

Thorns that cover the spirits body and move against each other to make a hissing/screeching noise that it uses to communicate.

A sunflower with a perfect almost beautiful human mouth (red full lips,) claws for leaves, and it's roots are barbed wire wrapped around ivy.

Ivy that changes colors wrapped around the body, with fungal growths, and parasites.

And my favorite plant tumors that hiss and pop plums of infectious pollen

Here are some images of plant tumors if you want a mental picture.
http://www.williams.edu/Biology/Faculty_St...mages/tumor.gif
http://www.plant.uga.edu/labrat/pageimages/crowngall.JPG

Mix and match as you see fit
Kanada Ten
A toxic plant spirit possessing a host?
Tomothy
Hell yes!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012