Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Taser Jacket
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Tziluthi
Yes, the picture is laughable, but read the article.

Feel free to post stats or make comments, or something.
Hasaku
Off hand, I'd give it 0/0 armor, maybe 0/1, but full levels of nonconductive standard. Shock attack as per gloves, 9S. We can assume the 2060s version packs more than a 9-volt. If someone knows you're wearing one and wants to grab your hands before you can activate the jacket, they'll need to win a surprise test and get initiative before you; otherwise, trigger at will. If already restrained, as long as your fingers are free you should be able to reach the triggers.
Diesel
It'd be a good dermal sheathe, or perhaps a DNIed / Voice activated model too.
Fortune
Wearing it out in the rain would most likely suck, though.
Tanka
Real life question: How the frag is it powered on only one 9V? Those things would be drained after one hit!
BumsofTacoma
Thats what I was thinking.

Hmmmm really puts a damper on grab an runs..... I mean patting a stranger on the back.... er..... um.......
Fahr
Capaciters my freind... that would be my guess...

probably is only a one shot and long refresh time if not, but I bet it charges a series of capacitors and dumps all that juice at once.

one 9 volt has enough to shock you pretty good if it dumps it's entire potential in one shock. 16200 watts for 1 second would hurt.

(500mah @9 volts == .5ah @9volt == 4.5 watt hours == 270 watt minutes or 16200 watt seconds)

-Mike R.
Tanka
I hope they make them for men. I want one just on concept (and so I can wear it to a fight and set it off on the first guy to grab me).

*grab, fly backwards, hit wall, scream*
"What the frag was that?!"
"Dude. He's crackling."
"Holy drek! Let's get the frag out of here!"

Or just try it on one of my friends.

"Hey, grab my shoulder real quick."
"Uh... OK?" *bzzt*
Frag-o Delux
taser guns do the same thing with no refresh time. It is a matter of capacitors and load stepping.
Tanka
Sure, but taser guns aren't as much fun!
fourstring_samurai
one question, does the goofy looking woman come with the jacket?
i'm not feeding her if it does.

nyahnyah.gif
Zazen
I'd do'er. I think a blast in the face would go well with all that freaky makeup.
Hasaku
That image isn't doctored at all. That's what happens to a perfectly normal woman when her jacket's insulation fails.

edit: Can my voice activation code be "Have you ever been to Afghanistan?"
Tziluthi
She seriously looks like a bloke.
Fortune
She looks like a reject from a Robert Palmer video.

'Might as well face it
I'm the dick that you love.'
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012