Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pixie Karmagen
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Tomothy
If it costs 40 BP for a Pixie character to buy off uneducated would it cost 80 karma?
Ancient History
It only costs 20 BP (40 Karma) to buy off Uneducated.
Tomothy
Oops, my bad. But thanks.

Edit: Does it say anything about whether Pixie's can become technomancers? I couldnt find anything, but I'm guessing with their inherent magic rating that they can't?
Ancient History
p.73 SR4 - "A character can only possess Magic or Resonance, never both." -> Because sapient critters possess Magic by default, this does generally rule out Pixie Technomancers.

[ Spoiler ]
Tomothy
I suppose you couldn't speed things up by taking enough cyberware to cancel out their magic from the get-go and then taking the Technomancer quality... nyahnyah.gif
BlueMax
QUOTE (Ancient History @ Feb 4 2009, 01:22 PM) *
p.73 SR4 - "A character can only possess Magic or Resonance, never both." -> Because sapient critters possess Magic by default, this does generally rule out Pixie Technomancers.

[ Spoiler ]

I guess it is really possible to have Daemons on your server.

/me ducks to dodge the rotten eggs.
Ancient History
Well, this is where character creation gets a little wiggy. If you do chargen in a linear manner (pick race/metatype, buy attributes, buy skills, buy resources...) then no, you can't. If you do it in a nonlinear manner, these little workarounds are possible, with the GM's blessing.
BlueMax
Sorry, I was just making a UNIX joke.

Jaid
QUOTE (BlueMax @ Feb 4 2009, 05:14 PM) *
Sorry, I was just making a UNIX joke.

he was referring to taking that route to get a TM in chargen, not to your daemon joke...
darthmord
QUOTE (Ancient History @ Feb 4 2009, 04:32 PM) *
Well, this is where character creation gets a little wiggy. If you do chargen in a linear manner (pick race/metatype, buy attributes, buy skills, buy resources...) then no, you can't. If you do it in a nonlinear manner, these little workarounds are possible, with the GM's blessing.

Another option, usable in an ongoing campaign would be to reduce Essence to just under 1 point. This forces any Magic attribute to be reduced to 0 but still allows the character to be alive. Then, undergo the Essence repair treatment until your Essence is back up to 6.

Due to the mechanics of Latent FEATURE, you get 1 point when it goes active if your Essence is 1+.

But honestly, if someone wanted a Pixie Technomancer, it'd just be better to let the player do so from the get-go rather than make them pay through the nose for an odd / unusual concept.
pbangarth
Ok, forgive me if this has been addressed elsewhere, but I did try feebly to find it. Sapient critters start with a Magic Attribute of 1, but no Quality like Magician or Adept. Those Qualities say "...starts with a Magic Attribute of 1". If one take such a Quality at chargen for a sapient critter, do the two Magic Attributes add to 2, or do they overlap and give the character 1, twice, still leaving her at 1?
Mäx
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Sep 16 2010, 07:36 PM) *
Ok, forgive me if this has been addressed elsewhere, but I did try feebly to find it. Sapient critters start with a Magic Attribute of 1, but no Quality like Magician or Adept. Those Qualities say "...starts with a Magic Attribute of 1". If one take such a Quality at chargen for a sapient critter, do the two Magic Attributes add to 2, or do they overlap and give the character 1, twice, still leaving her at 1?

IMO you only get one point of magic for "free" 1 is the mimimum atribute you can have and both of those give you magic stat and set it at its mimimum value.
IcyCool
Keep in mind that if a sapient critter loses its magic rating, it loses its critter powers.
Yerameyahu
By the rules, a Pixie can never become a Technomancer, regardless of its Magic rating. It's a Paranormal Critter, not an Emergent one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012