Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WHAT.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
tsuyoshikentsu
http://blog.wired.com/business/2009/02/ted-digital-six.html

WHAT.
KurenaiYami
Well. That's about the most awesome thing I've ever seen.
masterofm
That is so filled with rock.
Kanada Ten
Posted

However, I think it helps demonstrate how insular AR will be. People will be walking around in their own little digital cages, viewing forums, IMing, watching trid and playing sims. Not noticing anyone around them, even with all the cute avatars and such.
Shrapnel
QUOTE (Kanada Ten @ Feb 5 2009, 11:38 PM) *
Posted

However, I think it helps demonstrate how insular AR will be. People will be walking around in their own little digital cages, viewing forums, IMing, watching trid and playing sims. Not noticing anyone around them, even with all the cute avatars and such.

Sounds like the passengers on WALL-E...
Kanada Ten
QUOTE (Shrapnel @ Feb 5 2009, 11:13 PM) *
Sounds like the passengers on WALL-E...

Really? It reminds me of rush hour drivers.
hobgoblin
im reminded of the shadowtalk in unwired where the poster talks about walking thru a room full of people, each in their own sensory bubble, oblivious to whats going on in said room...

heh, makes one wonder about a cubicle farm equipped like that. hell, forget the cubicles, just stuff the room with chairs...
KCKitsune
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Feb 6 2009, 02:06 AM) *
im reminded of the shadowtalk in unwired where the poster talks about walking thru a room full of people, each in their own sensory bubble, oblivious to whats going on in said room...

heh, makes one wonder about a cubicle farm equipped like that. hell, forget the cubicles, just stuff the room with chairs...

Why do that when you can have everyone work from home. You only have to provide a server from which everyone can work from.
hobgoblin
secure connections?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012