Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mystic Armor + Mystic Armor
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Prime Mover
This can get confusing as they are two different powers, one critter one adept with similar abilities. One provides balistic+impact+astral armor. The other provides astral armor that is hardened if the critter has hardened armor. Do these astral armors stack? Can we please errata the critter power another name..like say astral armor. grinbig.gif
Rad
The critter power is called Immunity to Normal Weapons.
Oenone
QUOTE (Rad @ Feb 7 2009, 02:21 PM) *
The critter power is called Immunity to Normal Weapons.

Actually it is called Mystic Armor. See page 289 of the BBB. Immunity to Normal Weapons is something else entirely.

QUOTE (Prime Mover @ Feb 7 2009, 02:13 PM) *
This can get confusing as they are two different powers, one critter one adept with similar abilities. One provides balistic+impact+astral armor. The other provides astral armor that is hardened if the critter has hardened armor. Do these astral armors stack? Can we please errata the critter power another name..like say astral armor. grinbig.gif

Surely it's not /that/ hard to keep them seperate?

I mean if you're talking about a critter then you're probably not talking about the adept power and vice versa if you're talking about an adept.
jesusofthemonkeys
Yeah, why would an adept have a critter power?
AllTheNothing
QUOTE (jesusofthemonkeys @ Feb 7 2009, 04:14 PM) *

Can't the critter be an adept?
Kev
QUOTE (jesusofthemonkeys @ Feb 7 2009, 10:14 AM) *

Adepts can eat critters and take their powers. Forget that power name, off the top of my head, but... erhm, yeah.
pbangarth
If a Twisted Adept used the Power Bleed power (Street Magic, p. 140), she could siphon the critter power Mystic Armor from a critter she was eating. This should be able to stack with the adept power, as it is a different power.

Don't you think?
Kev
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Feb 7 2009, 04:34 PM) *
If a Twisted Adept used the Power Bleed power (Street Magic, p. 140), she could siphon the critter power Mystic Armor from a critter she was eating. This should be able to stack with the adept power, as it is a different power.

Don't you think?

I'd say absolutely. Adept Mystic Armor stacks with adept Mystic Armor, so why not critter Mystic Armor stacking? It's a separate power, despite having the exact same name.

Though really, would THAT be the power your adept takes if she ate a critter? Lame ass critter MA?
pbangarth
QUOTE (Kev @ Feb 7 2009, 02:53 PM) *
I'd say absolutely. Adept Mystic Armor stacks with adept Mystic Armor, so why not critter Mystic Armor stacking? It's a separate power, despite having the exact same name.

Though really, would THAT be the power your adept takes if she ate a critter? Lame ass critter MA?

Maybe, If he were about to take on some honking big spirit in its own plane.
Draco18s
QUOTE (jesusofthemonkeys @ Feb 7 2009, 10:14 AM) *

Drake. Runner's Companion.
jesusofthemonkeys
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Feb 7 2009, 06:19 PM) *

gotcha
Heath Robinson
QUOTE (jesusofthemonkeys @ Feb 7 2009, 03:14 PM) *

Magical Compounds.
Draco18s
QUOTE (jesusofthemonkeys @ Feb 8 2009, 11:36 AM) *
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Feb 7 2009, 07:19 PM) *

gotcha

I'm playing one now and there are a few rules questions we're still hammering the kinks out of. (Un?)Fortunately my GM knows too much fluff about drakes and I'm actually worried about what might happen if I transform.

Mmm~ a free Hunted flaw...

Of course, it's not Jim, who would probably find a way to exploit the drake's (unwritten in RC) weakness anyway and would have done so twice by now (game's gone on...10 sessions?)

Critter Power + Adept Power was easy enough to work out, though annoying on my part.

Hardened Armor + Normal Armor is another thread here (and won't come up in game for another three weeks minimum)

Time it takes to transform was arbitrarily decided by the GM as a simple action IIRC (may have been a complex).

Getting special armor (fits the drake and transforms ah la "Wild Armor" in D&D) has been hammered down to getting a unique item made, costing (karma and money) the same as a force 2 power foci (fortunately the GM pays us well in both, he likes to see character growth rather than 1 run -> 2 to 4 sessions -> 5 karma -> 15+ karma before you can really do anything -> a whole term (8 to 12 weeks) before anyone spends karma; we also get paid 10,000 newyen a player for a run or better). And revealing my identity to the artificer in question (see above).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012