Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: bringinng back the narcojet gun
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Red-ROM
trying to shoot people with narcojet in sr4 seems a little complicated. It looks like you have to combine DMSO and Narcojet together into capsule rounds? making their availabilty 15R and the cost 90 nuyen.gif /10 rounds? Where's the dart gun?
Oenone
Try using the Hand Crossbow with injection bolts from Arsenal instead?
Red-ROM
Can a drone mount a pistol crossbow? seems like another expensive task. adding an arm for reloading
The Neutronium Alchemist
The drone would only have to have something that could launch crossbow bolts. An airgun would probably do the job and would be simpler to design and fit than a crossbow proper.
Oenone
You could always fit the drone with the pistol size grenade launcher from Arsenal.

Load it with grenades filled with DMSO and Slab.

Then stand back and watch the fun.
Draco18s
Better. Use Pixey Dust. biggrin.gif
Cadmus
There is always the super squirt, the good old paintball style gun,
Prime Mover
Narcoject Pistol- RANGE:Light Pistol DAMAGE:3P* AP:0 MODE:SA RC:0 AMMO:5c AVAIL:8R COST: 600

Narcoject Rifle- RANGE:Shotgun DAMAGE:5P* AP:0 MODE:SA RC:0 AMMO:10c AVAIL:8R COST: 1200

*Use injection bolt rules Pg.306 BBB.

Ammo Per 10 Shots- DAMAGE MODE:As weapon AP mod:1/2 ARMOR USED:I AVAIL:8R COST:1300*

*This includes a full dose per round for 10 rounds.

(This is just a quickly tossed to together fix, certainly could change things like AP, cost of rounds etc to fit our game.)

EDIT: I missed this weapon as well when 4th ed first came out, chem rounds and a light pistol really do make a good replacement. Leaveing them out because they had a replacement though is like saying were not including tasers because we have stick and shock now.
Oenone
I'm not sure why a dart gun would have the same AP as S&S rounds? If anything it should be worse, because it's a lot harder to get the dart to pierce the skin if they're wearing armour.
jesusofthemonkeys
EDIT: Just deleting a pointless post.
Neraph
Uhhh. just use the Capsule Rounds from Arsenal. They come pre-equipped with DMSO, so all you need is to buy them and the chemical (1 dose per 10 shots). I've found the best weapon to use that concept is is either the Walther MA-2100 (IIRC, the 5k sniper rifle from BBB), or the Fichetti Security 600 (30 freaking round clip).

It should be noted, however, that Narcoject can still feasibly kill people. 10S stacked on top of the damage from the shot (converted to stun with the capsule rounds) will easily put people into overflow. They also have the possibility of taking multiple shots, like if someone gets shot, reduces the dmg from the round itselt, and makes 3 hits on the Toxin Resistance test. A second shot will be needed, increasing the chance of severe Damage Overflow (possibly even into Physical Overflow).

If you're truly looking for a nonlethal method of target neutralization, might I instead suggest Slab capsules. The Slab drug drops someone for (10 - Bod) hours, minimum 1 hour. It has no listed Power, but I've found that adjucdictating a power of 8 seems reasonable. If the power is not completely reduced, they still go unconsious. And all they have is maybe a bruise from the paintball round. The only downside is the cost per 10 is right up around 180 nY. But they are a one shot, one neutralized target.
AllTheNothing
QUOTE (Neraph @ Feb 8 2009, 04:31 PM) *
Uhhh. just use the Capsule Rounds from Arsenal. They come pre-equipped with DMSO, so all you need is to buy them and the chemical (1 dose per 10 shots). I've found the best weapon to use that concept is is either the Walther MA-2100 (IIRC, the 5k sniper rifle from BBB), or the Fichetti Security 600 (30 freaking round clip).

It should be noted, however, that Narcoject can still feasibly kill people. 10S stacked on top of the damage from the shot (converted to stun with the capsule rounds) will easily put people into overflow. They also have the possibility of taking multiple shots, like if someone gets shot, reduces the dmg from the round itselt, and makes 3 hits on the Toxin Resistance test. A second shot will be needed, increasing the chance of severe Damage Overflow (possibly even into Physical Overflow).

If you're truly looking for a nonlethal method of target neutralization, might I instead suggest Slab capsules. The Slab drug drops someone for (10 - Bod) hours, minimum 1 hour. It has no listed Power, but I've found that adjucdictating a power of 8 seems reasonable. If the power is not completely reduced, they still go unconsious. And all they have is maybe a bruise from the paintball round. The only downside is the cost per 10 is right up around 180 nY. But they are a one shot, one neutralized target.

could you please tell me where is stated that capsule rounds come preloaded with DMSO and a single dose of chemical will suffice for 10 shots? I'm very interested.
jago668
We always thought it was one dose per round. Made sense to us.
AllTheNothing
QUOTE (jago668 @ Feb 8 2009, 06:59 PM) *
We always thought it was one dose per round. Made sense to us.

Me too, also the capsule rounds description states that the cost is for capsule filled with paint, ink or other harmless chemicals, for capsule filled with toxines you must add the cost of the chemicals, and the DMSO is one of them.
Red-ROM
it says to add the cost of the chemical to the cost of the capsules, i can only imagine it means the listed cost/ 10, but yea, no dmso....
AllTheNothing
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Feb 9 2009, 01:27 AM) *
it says to add the cost of the chemical to the cost of the capsules, i can only imagine it means the listed cost/ 10, but yea, no dmso....

The point is that one dose is the ammount needed for one application of the chemical, spreading it over ten shots means that each shot would have 1/10 of said ammount, it's gonna be rather weak.
TheOOB
You would need to pay for a dose of DSMO and nacrojet for each capsule round. It's expensive yes, but between the damage of the round and the narcojet it will take out just about anyone in a single shot, worth it if you ask me.

Now if we can just get subsonic capsule rounds.
AllTheNothing
QUOTE (TheOOB @ Feb 9 2009, 10:13 AM) *
Now if we can just get subsonic capsule rounds.

By RAW there's nothing that suggest that it can be done but there's nothing forbidding it either, just apply the subsonic mod to the capsule:
Damage Mod.: __(stun)
AP Mod.: +4
Armor used: impact
Aviability: 4 (capsule) + 10F (subsonic) + 3 (DMSO) + 8R (narcoject) = 25F
Cost (10 shot): 30 nuyen.gif (capsule, 10 shot) + 40 nuyen.gif (subsonic, 10shots) + 100 nuyen.gif (DMSO, 10 doses) + 500 nuyen.gif (narcoject, 10 doses) = 670 nuyen.gif

That would be 67 nuyen.gif each shot but if it's worth with non-subsonic DMSO/Narcoject rounds (63 nuyen.gif each shot) the improved stealth is worth the 4 nuyen.gif (especialy if fired with a Morrissey Elan, with internal silencer and elettronic firing mods).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012