Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mangadyne
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Bashfull
I've got a player whose character has been dumped by Mangadyne. I can't find much information about it: where should I be looking?

And, if you're a kind soul, please take a look at my Verge question too?
Method
If you're having trouble finding info you might want to look for Manadyne as this is the correct name of the company. There is a small blurb in Street Magic, page 18. Basically they are a small magic corp based in Boston with hook-ups at major magic universities like MIT&T that allow them to corner the market on new spell formulae, techniques, etc. I'm sure they are mentioned in older books too, Target:UCAS if IRC.
The Jake
Street Magic is the book you're after.

- J.
Ancient History
Little more complicated than that. In their SR form, Manadyne and Mangadyne first showed up in Portfolio of a Dragon. After the Crash 2.0, Mandadyne bought out Mangadyne, which continues to exist as a division or wholly-owned subsidiary. Manadyne and Mangadyne have both been featured in recent SR4 products, such as Emergence, Street Magic (as mentioned above) and Runner's Companion.
Method
Wow thats needlessly complex... Mangamanadynodoodlydoo who in the what now? wobble.gif

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I have a vague recollection of a reference to Manadyne in Dunk's will?

EDIT: NM. Just checked this sweet site called the Ancient Files that cleared it up for me.... nyahnyah.gif Was that the first mention of the two companies?
Jaid
incidentally, mangadayne is also in the BBB. they produce commlinks, or maybe it's OS's for commlinks... can't remember... (ie, one of the prebuilt 'links or operating systems is a mangadyne iirc)
Bashfull
Thanks, to all the above. As you can see, I've been perplexed for a good reason. I also read, when I did my search of this site, that it was odd for Mangadyne to be building OSs, since they were primarily a graphics outfit. Where did that info come from? AH, where are the references to them in Runner's Companion?
Ancient History
Project Monad, p.128
Nath
Mangadyne first appeared in Blood in the boardroom, joigning the PPG, with no clue at what they do or where they are (there are no reference that I could find about them in Portfolio of adragon). The first real description was in Corporate Download, in Wuxing chapter. It says that Mangadyne works in anime-style IC iconography and system sculpting. That's for the the graphic outfits. Matrix has the same kind of blurb on it, Target:Matrix reminds they designed the Malaysian Independant Bank[/i] host, and Shadows of Asia add a presence in Kuala Lumpur or Singapore.

There goes the Second Crash, and they started making OS.
Bashfull
Oooooh, that is sooooo sweet: thanks for the info, ladies and gents. As it happens, I've got one character who is a mage sacked by Manadyne and, on the other, a Technomancer who has had various experiments done on her in the Tir. Are Mangadyne the good guys here? Dunk obviously thought so. This is going to make an excellent plotline.

[evil cackle]
Method
QUOTE (Nath @ Feb 8 2009, 06:58 AM) *
...there are no reference that I could find about them in Portfolio of a dragon.

Dunk leaves Manadyne 80 million for magical research. This seems to be the earliest reference to either corp that I can find.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012