Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Technomancer Damage
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Panzergeist
Since technomancers take stun damage from attack programs, does that mean that they resist this damage with biofeedback filter, or do they use armor plus system just as a hacker would?
Ryu
Any problems with my answer in the other thread? (No bad feelings or anything.)
Draco18s
They get Armor and Biofeedback. I don't know any more than that. I've stopped playing the matrix characters, if I go back it'll be for the drones.
Muspellsheimr
Attack programs are resisted with Armor, not Biofeedback Filter. Attack is not a black (biofeedback) program, & thus Biofeedback Filter does absolutely nothing to stop it. Being a technomancer doesn't change this - it just means they get a bad headache instead of their persona being destroyed.
Draco18s
And a bad headache is in fact stun damage, which is in fact, resisted with Biofeedback.

Given that a technomancer already can't use medic (no icon), he's now down two shots from a hacker.
Muspellsheimr
No. Stun damage is not resisted with Biofeedback Filter. Black (Biofeedback) Programs are resisted with Biofeedback Filter. Attack is not a Black program, & so is never resisted with Biofeedback Filter.
Draco18s
I've always assumed that since Dumpshock also induces damage resisted by the biofeedback filters, that the stun damage inflicted upon the technomancer would be treated the same way.

Looks like I'm wrong, and technomancers are (once again) inferior to hackers.
Panzergeist
QUOTE (Ryu @ Feb 8 2009, 04:28 PM) *
Any problems with my answer in the other thread? (No bad feelings or anything.)

Did you answer this in the other thread? I thought I asked this question there, but I looked and don't see my post anywhere.
Ryu
Ah, ok then. It was the posts number 44 and 45.

Attack causes matrix damage, Armor helps you soak matrix damage. Any remaining matrix damage goes to your stun monitor, because you are a TM.

Blackout causes stun damage, BioFeedbackFilters help you soak "Black" type damage. Any remaining stun damage goes to your stun monitor, as always.

TheOOB
Damage to a technomancer isn't via an attack program isn't biofeedback though, it's simply disrupting their living persona. The damage is purely mental, unlike a black program which actually damages the old grey matter.

Think of it like damaging a projecting mage, the physical body doesn't show any effects of the damage, but if the mage's form gets knocked out/killed, the body follows suit as there is no mind to sustain it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012