Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SR Timeline
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
TKDNinjaInBlack
I am trying to compile a list of 4th edition dates to bring the major events to light in my campaign. If anyone can help contribute anything at all, it would be greatly appreciated. Here's what I have so far;

29 oct 2069:
Airdate of "Beyond Belief" aired at 2am. Beginning of term Technomancer with other terms Otaku 2 and Virtuakinetic tossed around. Discussion of what technos can possibly do on pg. 9 Emergence. Guest techno demonstrates basic wireless interface with RC car, appliances and a commlink.

25 nov 2069:
Technomancer screams and reacts to an accident about to happen between a bus of kids and a truck, causing the grid system to react and deploy spikes to take out tires and prevent the crash. Man goes unconscious and is taken to hospital and never heard from again.

01 jan 2070:
Accidental shutdown of AR displays at a mall when shopper "wishes" the displays away.

?? jan- 15 Feb 2070
Theo, the technomancer who fled abusive parents and hacked a gridcab, is caught somewhere in this timeframe. He lived in the cab for at least a week and was only discovered when the cab company realized the cab hadn't sent any fares back to the company. Lonestar was involved to stop the runaway cab and the 10 year old kid claimed his "friend" Squinky helped him and drove the cab. pg. 6 Emergence.

12 mar - 31 may 2070
Various Trid networks broadcast special "60 minutes" like programs growing in frequency dealing first with Aips victims and possibilities of AI and then mostly exclusively dealing with technomancers and their abilities by May. Paranoia for the masses starts with the media.

13 mar - 09 jun 2070
Various news items about supposed technomancer related crimes and events. Ranging from Aips Awareness, Elevator crashes, an AR-cade death, ACHE vigil, sec guards going blind with their cybereyes, and a subway accident. All in the black bars from pages 24-32 in Emergence.

29 jun 2070:
11:30pm Hong Kong time
Hong Kong Matrix Grid attack and following news coverage. begins page 40 in Emergence. News coverage includes the edited and spun version of techno patient killing Dr. Halberstam. Complete media spin and scaremongering to point threat to technos. Make allusions to Crash 3.0 as hong kong sees grids fail and almost martial law erupt.

30 jun 2070:
news coverage on hong kong all day as the entire world waits with baited breath for Crash 3.0 and hangs on newscasters' every word. Riots erupt in major cities all over the world as the news panics civilians and relatives of those in hong kong. Scares target hackers and metahumans as racists use the techno scare as cover to kill and beat minorities. Hackers and their haunts are targeted and burned or destroyed and accused of being technos.

30 jun - 05 aug 2070:
Technomancer bounties (including MCT's techno bounty publicly aired on 02 jul 2070), mistrust, lynchings, mobs and riots run rampant during this time. Corporations purge technomancers from their ranks as damage control and others merely abduct them from inside. News networks are filled with accounts of technomancers being victims of crime, but more so filled with stories about technomancers committing crimes and retaliating against backlash.

24 jul 2070:
Aips techno and seattle government candidate Josephine Dzhugashvili withdraws from candidate race. It is not publicly known that she is a techno, but it probably is known by her rivals. Publicly she was known for strong support for aips victims and technomancer outreach in the wake of the hong kong scare.

31 jul 2070:
Third "Opaline" suicide in five months. Unknown to authorities, Opaline is an AI derived from a personafix program who acts as a digital succubus. She broadcasts her sim levels at addictive BTL levels. When her lovers request to meet, she breaks off the relationship and most kill themselves.

01 aug 2070:
Swiss techno control initiative. Causes big backlash with radical technos retaliating.

05 aug 2070:
Weird tourist attack in the Eiffel tower node, Paris. Gargoyle feral AIs are mistaken as sprites when they attack and kill 2 and hospitalize 16 others. The major concern is that lethal biofeedback killed and damaged the tourists when they were all using cold sim.

09 aug 2070:
Truthsayer broadcast about a security spider who suffered lethal biofeedback from a haunted system. Detail into how he couldn't find proof of the entity in the logs because he thought it was the logs. Interview stresses how he knew what to look for with technomancers, and this thing didn't leave any traces like they would. spider explains that he quit and wants to never deal with something like that again.

09 aug - 17 aug 2070:
research into technomancer scares starts showing a long backlist of matrix oddities the public has been missing because of technomancer panic. techno matrix crimes and disturbances pegged to technos start being debunked and questions of weird phenomena start circulating.

18 aug 2070:
4:15pm seattle/LA time
Sojourner hijacks the Aztechnology weapons platform Tlaloc and delivers his ultimatum. Mass panic and hysteria (again). Causes mass runs on supplies, goods, and food. Technophobes smash electronics, cut off networks, put systems on full lockdown, etc. Lots of people lock themselves inside and plan for Crash 3.0.

18 aug - 19 oct 2070:
Tlaloc standoff with above mentioned hysteria. Technomancer crimes and capture don't fade from the news, but take a backseat to AI scaremongering. Technomancer witch hunts and beatings/bounties still remain as people draw conclusions to AIs and technomancers and fear is reinvigorated.

21 aug 2070:
Pulsar's manifesto. Pulsar launches his campaign for peace and acceptance of "digital intelligences" and announces his involvement with Horizon and Evo to help stop the Tlaloc standoff with Sojourner.

21 aug - 15 sept 2070:
Media maneuvering. EVO and HORIZON launch pro techno and pro AI schlock as MCT, RENRAKU, NEONet, AZT, and ARES launch anti media. Lots of pro Pulsar stuff and lots of news events of AI incidents and deaths of people by their hands. MCT goes as far as to fabricate that technomancers were created by AIs as definite truth.

15 sept 2070:
EVO starts digital intelligence debates

16 sept 2070:
Brackhaven pushes bill for technomancer registration.

18 sept 2070:
News hits networks about Jane McCrory and her investigation into the disappearance of several individuals. She broadcasts as her last act a compilation of trideo images, research progress reports and analysis, and verbal description backing up the trideo images of what Gennex (MCT subsidary) was doing to technos and techno hopefuls in a denver hospital. The public is instantly repulsed and disgusted by the images of experimentation and vivisection of people. In the wake of the event, Gennex is disowned by MCT and takes the fall with the Mega's hands clean.

19 oct 2070:
Tlaloc standoff ended with successful negotiations between Pulsar and Sojourner.

oct - dec 2070:
cooldown over summer and fall months. Techno Witch hunts die down and are removed from the public eye by december. Extractions and strong arm pressure to employ technos become commonplace, but sporadic.

Jan 2071:
NEEC and other nations start techno registration. Corporate Court passes AI accord.

Feb 2071:
ARM of GOD and Pulsar's Undernet Alliance start policing rogue AIs and begin a silent war on the Matrix out of the public eye. This is to prevent a very public and hysteric overt war between the meat and the matrix.

Unmarked date in Unwired:
In a decision of the Corporate Court in a case between Xiao-Renraku and Horizon, the court decides in Horizon's favor and says that AIs are sentient and therefore cannot be enslaved and can make their own choices on employment. Very possible this is the aforementioned AI accord.

I still haven't read through Ghost Cartels yet, but feel free to add definite dates down on the timeline, as spoilers don't bother me. If you feel they'll bother some other readers, just drop in some tags. If there are any important dates from Runner Havens, Corporate Enclaves, or Feral Cities, drop those in too (if they fall in the 4ed timeline). I'd like for this to be a pretty big community project and hopefully answer some questions.
AWOL_Seraphim
Nice job!

I only have the basic book, so I couldn't add to this, but count on me to make use of this timeline! Honestly, I don't plan on running an Emergence-based campaign, but these dates will certainly be of help in creating various news items.

Thanks!
Matsci
Didn't Ares back Evo and Horizion with The AI and Technomancer Crisis?
TKDNinjaInBlack
I'm reading through Emergence again and compiling dates. I just looked through Ghost Cartels again and found that wonderful 2071 timeline at the end of one of the beginning sections.

Can anyone say one way or the other when exactly the SR4 Denver Campaign events actually happen and what really happened (as in outcome)?

Also, a few other things come to mind. Reading through Runner Havens again and Emergence, we see some run ideas and outlines. In the Fall of Joey D. We come to understand there are forces trying to expose Dushavgeli during the campaign, and by the snip of info later in the book, we know she resigns shortly there after. In Runner Havens, there is an outline of Runners trying to expose council member Diego Mangabat's past Filipino war crimes. Can one assume that he will actually resign when/if this information gets out and around what timeframe would this happen?
Ayeohx
Sweet work so far. I'm just getting back into the game so this info is gold.

Not sure if this will help since you're looking for recent info but I noticed that Wikipedia has the Shadowrun timeline. Man, I love Wiki.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadowrun_timeline
Wesley Street
QUOTE (TKDNinjaInBlack @ Mar 8 2009, 04:29 PM) *
Can anyone say one way or the other when exactly the SR4 Denver Campaign events actually happen and what really happened (as in outcome)?

I speed-read most of them and I don't believe that actual dates are used (probably on purpose [I imagine it allows for the GMs to have flexibility]). However the official outcomes of the first 19 Denver adventures are located here. Missions have been smaller scale adventures than Emergence and Ghost Cartels as they're designed for conventions and gaming events.

QUOTE (Ayeohx @ Mar 8 2009, 04:32 PM) *
Not sure if this will help since you're looking for recent info but I noticed that Wikipedia has the Shadowrun timeline. Man, I love Wiki.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadowrun_timeline

Looks like someone did a copy 'n paste of the Sixth World Wiki.
TKDNinjaInBlack
I love the sixth world wiki timeline, but it hasn't been updated for 4e yet as we can see. That's why I'm trying to compile important events 2070 and beyond.

Can I get any word from the devs on what year or time frame the denver mission are more or less supposed to happen? I saw something on a Jackpoint newsflash in a book that looked like it related one of the denver mob families to a reported death. Am I mistaken and that really wasn't a missions reference?
SincereAgape
Great job TKD. I'm not sure if "On the Run" is cannon timeline as well, but is there a chance anyone from Catalyst has followed up with events after that mission? It probably is an adventure which has no impact on the overall grand scheme of things.
the_dunner
QUOTE (TKDNinjaInBlack @ Mar 8 2009, 06:43 PM) *
Can I get any word from the devs on what year or time frame the denver mission are more or less supposed to happen? I saw something on a Jackpoint newsflash in a book that looked like it related one of the denver mob families to a reported death. Am I mistaken and that really wasn't a missions reference?

The Denver scenarios take place from early 2070 to late 2071, though the specific dates are deliberately left open. (Different characters would experience different events in different months depending upon if they played things in order and if they had things happen during down time.) The JackPoint references that you think are connected to Missions, are, in fact, connected to Missions. smile.gif
Phylos Fett
So, the current date is Feb 2071?
TKDNinjaInBlack
Well, currently, the latest book that came out was Feral Cities, and the Jackpoint date for those entries was 31 October 2071, so we've at least progressed through the year of 2071 if we stay current with what's been released. The Jackpoint date in Ghost Cartels is 27 November 2071, and the timeline for major events and plot progression (p.50-52) states that the events chronicled in the book take place from the beginning of 2071 till the end of November that year. Being that GC was the last big event to happen in the Sixth World, I think it's safe to say that any future event base and meta plot related materials will start to take place in 2072.

Since I haven't read all the way through GC yet, I haven't been able to compile those dates and add them to the timeline. That makes the current time a little misleading... sorry.
TKDNinjaInBlack
QUOTE (SincereAgape @ Mar 8 2009, 06:23 PM) *
I'm not sure if "On the Run" is cannon timeline as well, but is there a chance anyone from Catalyst has followed up with events after that mission? It probably is an adventure which has no impact on the overall grand scheme of things.

Well, in the back of that adventure we find out that the results of that run are pretty much null and voided. If you give the disk to the Johnson, Jet Black's interests will eventually pay him off to get the copy back. It says that those tracks will never get released and the runners won't hear anything about them regardless of what they did (considering they fell into one of the four outcomes).

This was the adventure my massive 4e campaign started with, and my group and I just had the events fall into the first weekend of Jan 2070. It's how we met and assembled our team and launched our trip through 4e.
Wesley Street
QUOTE (SincereAgape @ Mar 8 2009, 08:23 PM) *
Great job TKD. I'm not sure if "On the Run" is cannon timeline as well, but is there a chance anyone from Catalyst has followed up with events after that mission? It probably is an adventure which has no impact on the overall grand scheme of things.

On the Run is considered canon and took place in early 2070. No, there have been no follow ups to the adventure (though I would like one). It was designed as an introduction to Fourth Edition.
TKDNinjaInBlack
I did do a follow up where the J (Darius St. George) contacted the runners and wanted Nabo's lyrics and data back that they ended up stealing. The ork rapper was having a breakdown and throwing a tantrum until he got his notes and written material back. We were paid for returning it to the J and he gave us our second mission, also in the music industry. It was a pretty wicked body guarding run where we had to watch a neo-country musician's back as he made 3 different mall stops throughout Seattle. His old bodyguard was recently fired and had possibly been sending him death threats. Of course, there was a twist. The musician was heavily racist and loved by most of the Humanis goons and blue collar workers of Renton and Auburn. We couldn't have any metahuman characters be seen with him as it would be bad for his image in his fans' eyes. At 2 different stops, we had to deal with both ork and troll gangers wanting to thrash him (leadership skill FTW!) and Humanis goons covering his escape out the back of an Ares Weapon World as he tries to ditch the team. When he finally flees and escapes to his limo, the former dirt track champion driver loses the team but not before they can track the vehicle to a bunraku parlor called Cherry Blossoms. When we arrive, we find out he's not only run off with a girl whom he's been seeing regularly and has "fallen in love with", but that she's an ork! Running out of time before his last meet at mall number 3, the runners decide to adopt a physical mask of their musician and go to his last autograph session. Well, since the Yakuza know he ran off with one of their girls, they confront the team at the mall and try to bring in their fake musician. While at the last mall stop, the artist's crazed bodyguard shows up and screams "Ork Fucker!" as he tries to shoot his old client. He wanted to kill him after he found out about the artist and his little secret affair with his ork joygirl. The yakuza track them for the rest of the mission (thinking they'll get to the musician through their body guards) and the runners had to track down their man to return him safely. They eventually learn that he's in the ork underground where his love grew up and they have to go down there and find him. Of course if they don't have a guide they get pushed by members of Skraa'cha who are also looking for him knowing this artists particular outspoken views on metahumans (rage amplified by the fact that he's a tusk loving poser racist). The runners have to deal with the yakuza and skraacha while trying to keep their artist and his meat puppet lover from from jumping into a treatment pit and killing themselves because their love can't exist because nobody will allow it.

It was a good run. Also, since the Johnson is a troll, he didn't mind if the artist got roughed up to bad (he's contracting this run out as a favor, not because he likes the guy or he's on his label).
SincereAgape
QUOTE (TKDNinjaInBlack @ Mar 10 2009, 02:43 PM) *
I did do a follow up where the J (Darius St. George) contacted the runners and wanted Nabo's lyrics and data back that they ended up stealing. The ork rapper was having a breakdown and throwing a tantrum until he got his notes and written material back. We were paid for returning it to the J and he gave us our second mission, also in the music industry. It was a pretty wicked body guarding run where we had to watch a neo-country musician's back as he made 3 different mall stops throughout Seattle. His old bodyguard was recently fired and had possibly been sending him death threats. Of course, there was a twist. The musician was heavily racist and loved by most of the Humanis goons and blue collar workers of Renton and Auburn. We couldn't have any metahuman characters be seen with him as it would be bad for his image in his fans' eyes. At 2 different stops, we had to deal with both ork and troll gangers wanting to thrash him (leadership skill FTW!) and Humanis goons covering his escape out the back of an Ares Weapon World as he tries to ditch the team. When he finally flees and escapes to his limo, the former dirt track champion driver loses the team but not before they can track the vehicle to a bunraku parlor called Cherry Blossoms. When we arrive, we find out he's not only run off with a girl whom he's been seeing regularly and has "fallen in love with", but that she's an ork! Running out of time before his last meet at mall number 3, the runners decide to adopt a physical mask of their musician and go to his last autograph session. Well, since the Yakuza know he ran off with one of their girls, they confront the team at the mall and try to bring in their fake musician. While at the last mall stop, the artist's crazed bodyguard shows up and screams "Ork Fucker!" as he tries to shoot his old client. He wanted to kill him after he found out about the artist and his little secret affair with his ork joygirl. The yakuza track them for the rest of the mission (thinking they'll get to the musician through their body guards) and the runners had to track down their man to return him safely. They eventually learn that he's in the ork underground where his love grew up and they have to go down there and find him. Of course if they don't have a guide they get pushed by members of Skraa'cha who are also looking for him knowing this artists particular outspoken views on metahumans (rage amplified by the fact that he's a tusk loving poser racist). The runners have to deal with the yakuza and skraacha while trying to keep their artist and his meat puppet lover from from jumping into a treatment pit and killing themselves because their love can't exist because nobody will allow it.

It was a good run. Also, since the Johnson is a troll, he didn't mind if the artist got roughed up to bad (he's contracting this run out as a favor, not because he likes the guy or he's on his label).

TKD. That sounds like a fantastic follow up run! I am planning to run a follow up session to "On the Run." with my group over the next two missions, using Darius St. George as the Johnson in the process. The story is going to start out with the kidnapping of Athlena Brementon, Marli's niece who serves as a ward for the former queen of rock. St. George highers them on the behalf of Marli. The first scene will focus on the ransom meet at a private airport in Renton. The kidnappers (Working for Tarkasian) will break the negotiated deal by demanding the music disk from the runners as payment, and from there the players would be able to take the course of the game wherever they choose. Even though she was a disciple of Jet Black during the "On the Run" mission, Risa will once again make a return to the scene as a prime runner in this mission. Turns out, that after all of these years Risa has developed an unhealthy fascination and obsession with her mentor Jet Black. Because of this, she has also fostered a great amount of jealousy towards Marli Brementon's kinship with Jet Black. In addition, Risa holds a grudge towards the runners from the events which unfolded after "On the Run."

Ari Tarkasian approached Risa with a proposition during the storyline. He offers her a chance to deal an emotional blow to her rival Marli by providing her resources from Verizon's subsidiary company that he works for in return for the data disk. Risa believes that the lost sessions should be placed on the market to introduce Jet Black's music to a new generation of fans. Her philosophies of course deviate from Jet Black's but she believes this is the right thing to do for her master. As a cherry on top of this plot, it turns out the runners are employed to retrieve Athlena, thus adding allowing Tarkasian and Risa to gain revenge on them as well.

Wesley: I totally hear you bro! My game store actually had a copy of One Stage Before. I was thinking about running this with my team as a flashback mission. It looks like Catalyst is moving on with their storyline and with the release of Ghost Cartels along with the upcoming Artifacts adventures.
TKDNinjaInBlack
now that sounds like more of a sequel than my "pull random bodyguard mission from my ass" scenario which just used the same Johnson. Good work there.
SincereAgape
Thanks TKD, the post about your run and reading some of the plots occuring in "Welcome to the Shadows" helped flesh out and develop the run in my head. Say a prayer for me this weekend as we run it!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012