Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who buys more SR4
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
JeffSz
The reason for this poll is to get an idea about who is the ideal "target market" for Shadowrun supplements, at least according to us Dumpshockers: the fewer but dedicated GM's, or the more abundant Players?

My votes: I am a GM, buy all the books, and would like to see lots of fun stuff directed at me; scenario books, more campaigns, more location books, secret corporate projects or lists of "secret" equipment the players don't know about until they come across it.

What about everyone else?
Sir_Psycho
I both play and GM, and I'd like to see books that both players and GM's can read (although in the case of books that include metaplot, it would be good to see spoilers appear in a specific chapter in the back of the book, in case the GM would like to use them.

I'm not a big fan of pre-written scenarios and campaigns (I've read, but never ran any), I prefer to just inhale a huge load of context and seed both my player character and GM posts with it.
Larsine
What do your mean?

I just buy the books to read them, can you actually play the game?

I guess that would make my answer:

I'm a non-GM/non-player, I buy everything for SR4.

Lars
Stahlseele
Me too . .
i don't even wanna play SR4 and i buy the books to know what's being talked about in here . .
MK Ultra
play? read?? I just use the books to fill all the empty spaces in my room ohplease.gif

Well, at table games I´m usually the GM (though it has been a while). On DS, I´m usually just a player. Still, I generaly favour books that are usefull to both and am not too found of scenarios. My local players are super-lazy anyway, so I have little concern about spoilers, but I understand and agree that it is better, to at least confine them to a GM information chapter.
Metapunk
I voted that I am a GM and I buy many of the books, I mostly want stuff that gives something to the entire group of both players and GM.

in few weeks my vote would have been both gm and player.
BookWyrm
I couldn't say either way. I've been both a GM and a player in my time with the entire SR line, but I'm a bit of a completist, so I have just about every English printing book anyway.
JeffSz
To clarify: Material intended to be read by the GM and kept secret still benefits players.

It's a choice between character options and adventures or scenario building aides, not between who gets more fun in the game.

So far the poll looks to me that GM's really are the ideal target market for the books - but that could be because the greatest number of Dumpshockers tend to be GM's anyway. Too bad we can't ask the entire shadowrun community at large.
tsuyoshikentsu
I both play and GM, and while this is the only setting out there where I actually enjoy reading up on the setting, I'll take crunch over fluff any day.
tsuyoshikentsu
I both play and GM, and while this is the only setting out there where I actually enjoy reading up on the setting, I'll take crunch over fluff any day.
JeffSz
QUOTE (toetag @ Feb 14 2009, 01:45 PM) *
A nice addition to SR4 would be a security sourcebook. It could detail all the large and small security organizations of the world.

Anyway just a thought.

See what I mean? Kickass idea.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012