Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How many people in a vehicle?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Cunning Rat
I can't seem to find this information anywhere in Arsenal. Just how many people can a given vehicle carry in comfort?

Some of it is GM call and/or common sense: don't try to cram five trolls into a standard sedan. However, some hard data would've been nice. Is it anywhere to be found? Or do I have to dig out my copy of Rigger 3?
ornot
Pretty much GM fiat or pull out your copy of Rigger 3, as you said. One of my players is developing houserules for vehicle capacity, along with weapon mounts that can hold more than one weapon and gods know what else. Me, I just use common sense and playability.
InfinityzeN
I make heavy use of Rigger 3 when I need fine details like entry points and seating. I don't really care about fuel capacity since I consider "Reasonable Fuel Use" covered by your lifestyle. What is reasonable is entirely up to what your driving/flying and your lifestyle of course.
Draco18s
QUOTE (InfinityzeN @ Feb 13 2009, 10:50 AM) *
I make heavy use of Rigger 3 when I need fine details like entry points and seating. I don't really care about fuel capacity since I consider "Reasonable Fuel Use" covered by your lifestyle. What is reasonable is entirely up to what your driving/flying and your lifestyle of course.

Aren't most cities on an electrified street grid system now?
InfinityzeN
Find me one vehicle that comes with "Gridlink" stock in SR4. Yes the electric under-road grids are found in most inner city urban areas (the nice sunny ones with cops everywhere), but only there. You gotta buy the mod, which will set you back $750 and needs a computer tech to install. No biggy.
Immortal Elf
I'm figuring a few can fit in the back of, say, a Bulldog wink.gif
Kanada Ten
I imagine Gridlink took a hit in popularity with Crash 2.0, as people realized their dependant machines would never "get them to the hills", as it were. It'll make comeback, though, when some other fuel shortage or scarcity crops up. Hell, there might a run or two right there.
hobgoblin
must have been a oversight or something, as i would at least expect it to be standard issue on a subcompact or similar.

could be something that was lost in the transition from rigger3 to arsenal, as i suspect that gridlink was part of the electric engine package...

edit:
i pulled out my copy of rigger3, and the jackrabbit, while having option for a electric engine, didnt list gridlink as part of the package.

seems it was a after market thing back then as well.
Cunning Rat
QUOTE (Immortal Elf @ Feb 13 2009, 04:48 PM) *
I'm figuring a few can fit in the back of, say, a Bulldog wink.gif

IE... I say this with all the love and respect in my heart... but YOU ARE POSTING TO THE WRONG BOARD!!!! biggrin.gif
Sir_Psycho
Similarly, I've been wondering how a troll fits in any road legal car.
Fix-it
IIRC, their used to be a cost modifier for troll-modified items in SR3. I'm sure it's in 4. I just never play trolls.
Sir_Psycho
But what if you have to give a troll a lift? Is it impossible? Uncomfortable? Are the passenger compartments in cars larger in 2070? Seems unlikely in the time of the subcompact.
kzt
Well, they can fit in more armor than the armored cars that deliver money to banks have....
ornot
For sake of playability I'd let a troll ride in most things. He'd just be uncomfortable, and unable to shoot out of the thing since he'd have to squash up and probably take up the equivalent space as 2 or 3 regular sized people. If the car crashed he'd be in a world of hurt since I'd certainly rule that the car safety features are quite size specific.

I imagine a troll modified subcompact would look something like this.
hobgoblin
i think i ones watched a car show or something where 2-3 big guys got into one mini cooper.

but then they where big in circumference, not height, so it may not be fully representative.

still, bending knees takes a fair bit of height out of a person, especially if they are lifted up to chin height.
Hagga
It's probably a good thing Magic can't make things into a tesseract in the SR universe. Can you imagine the one tiny Lonestar car pulling up, "Yakety Sax" blaring from the speakers while fourty heavily armed and cybered move-by-wire ninja trolls pile out?
hobgoblin
and all wearing clown noses wink.gif

hmm, i need to pull that at some point while leading a game silly.gif

and in case people wonder:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVS3QqrXhD8
Draco18s
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Feb 15 2009, 06:06 AM) *

That song makes anything funny.
Knight Saber
QUOTE (Fix-it @ Feb 14 2009, 09:47 PM) *
IIRC, their used to be a cost modifier for troll-modified items in SR3. I'm sure it's in 4. I just never play trolls.

Nope, there's a line in SR4 about how Evo's widespread marketing of troll- and dwarf-adapted goods has them easily available, so no more surchage.
hobgoblin
there is one for guns though...
Malicant
QUOTE (ornot @ Feb 13 2009, 04:39 PM) *
Pretty much GM fiat or pull out your copy of Rigger 3, as you said. One of my players is developing houserules for vehicle capacity, along with weapon mounts that can hold more than one weapon and gods know what else. Me, I just use common sense and playability.
No! We need rules! Now!

grinbig.gif
Nexushound
I have often wondered about vehicle capcity and entry points myself. Currently My PC's roll around in a Hermez Van that they tore all the back seats out of. Not much to woory about there. But when they want to jump into a "Sylph" on a quick jaunt to Outremer for an Extraction job will they all fit? The players are all Street Monster, Orc types, so the Clown Car scene is definitly something I want to avoid.
I wonder though, do SR3 Rigger books #2 and #3 represent some of the newer models of vehicles found in SR4 and Arsenal? It's been a while since I've purused Rigger 2 and I never bought Rigger 3.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012