Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lifestye Rules in Sprawl Survival Guide
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
GunnerJ
I didn't get any response to this in the SSG forum, so...

Have a question: if a character buys a lifestyle permenantly it costs 100 times the final nuyen value by points. Now what if he wants to upgrade one area by one point, thus increasing the final point value by one and the nuyen cost? Does he have have to pay the difference in final nuyen values * 100 or can he pay the difference in monthy values per month just to keep the security upgraded? In other words, if you upgrade part of a permanant lifestyle, can you pay for that one part per month, while the rest stays permanent?

Also, someone once mentioned optional rules for living in a rural area, and I think I saw them somewhere. Anyone have a link?
Grey
I don't know that there are any canon rules for that, but as a GM I'd allow it.
Lilt
It's up-to the GM but I'd allow the extra rent rather than having to paty for it all as permenant.

I'd just buy whatever edges/flaws seem appropriate for living in a rural area. Take middle of nowhere and Underpaid security (rename it, it's just to represent that it takes security longer to get there) as flaws, possibly quiet neighbourhood as an edge.
GunnerJ
The first question was the only one that directly related to any of my characters, the second was more out of curiousity, because it looked really cool. Thanks for the replies, I think it makes sense to pay per month for the upgraded part too.
Fortune
QUOTE (GunnerJ)
Also, someone once mentioned optional rules for living in a rural area, and I think I saw them somewhere. Anyone have a link?

Linkage. smile.gif

IIRC, this idea was refined, then submitted for publication in The Shadowrun Supplemental in the near future.
GunnerJ
Danke schon!
Fortune
Sie sind willkommen. smile.gif
GunnerJ
Pedantic German Nerd Fun Fact of the Day: the German phrase for "You're welcome" is actually the same as for "please:" Bitte.

(Note: I'm not actually from Germany, I'm just learning the language.)
Fortune
QUOTE (GunnerJ)
Pedantic German Nerd Fun Fact of the Day: the German phrase for "You're welcome" is actually the same as for "please:" Bitte.

Pedantic Internet Fact of the Day: I used Babelfish! nyahnyah.gif biggrin.gif
Tanka
Mmm... Babelfish... The site that really screws up your vernacular with any locals. nyahnyah.gif

Guy I know once had to do a presentation on fashion in Spanish. Seems he forgot the "r" in "shirt" and had some troubles with the teacher who was blatantly biased against him. Thought he did it on purpose for the rest of the year and always threatened to get him suspended. biggrin.gif
Rock-Steady
"You are welcome" means "Gern geschehen" or "Keine Ursache" in german.

At least thats how i interpret that.

Phrases are difficult to translate. *g*

If you would translate "Now the shit has hit the fan" word by word to german you would say "Nun trifft die Scheisse den Ventilator", but the correct german phrase is "Nun ist die Kacke am dampfen".

Sorry for any offense. biggrin.gif
6thDragon
Now we're getting off topic here, but German isn't the only language where "your welcome" and "please" are the same. In Greek parakalo serves both functions as well.
moosegod
To get back on topic...

I just have them pay for the upgrade as one point. Makes sense to me, but I tend to be an easy GM.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012