Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rite of Succession?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Nequam
Hey all, I've just gotten back into Shadowrun after quite a long break, catching up on the fourth edition, and things I have missed.

One I keep getting hints at, but little hard data is this Rite of Succession thing? (something about dragons I gather?) What book was this covered in?
kzt
Survival of the fittest?
Kanada Ten
When Dunkelzhan gave the Jewel of Memory to Lofwry in his Will, all the great dragons at the time basically agreed to accept that this was the modern way to go about things - even if it went against dragon tradition. However, when Ghostwalker showed up, he was unhappy with that arrangement, and thus started the Rite. The dragons all used pawns, much like the Chal'han in Harlequin, to posture and preen. Featured in Survival of the Fittest, the Rite ends with Hestaby gaining the Jewel of Memory, which she promptly hands to Lofwry to reinforce the acceptance of the modern ways. Dragons of the Sixth World covers the aftermath.
Nequam
Thanks guys, and another thanks to whom ever keeps the The Ancient Files, I have been reading them all weekend, an invaluable source for bringing me up to date.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Kanada Ten @ Feb 14 2009, 10:08 PM) *
When Dunkelzhan gave the Jewel of Memory to Lofwry in his Will, all the great dragons at the time basically agreed to accept that this was the modern way to go about things - even if it went against dragon tradition. However, when Ghostwalker showed up, he was unhappy with that arrangement, and thus started the Rite. The dragons all used pawns, much like the Chal'han in Harlequin, to posture and preen. Featured in Survival of the Fittest, the Rite end with Hestaby gaining the Jewel of Memory, which she promptly hands to Lofwry to reinforce the acceptance of the modern ways. Dragons of the Sixth World covers the aftermath.

Ah ha, I'd missed that book. I'd seen Dragons of the Sixth world, but didn't really have the info.
Neat.
AllTheNothing
Almost all that there was to be told has already been told; the last things are that the background for Survival of the Fittest:
Portfolio of a Dragon: Dunkelzahn's Secrets
Year of the Comet
In the first there is there is the Big D's will, the thing that changed the face of the world and prepared the events of SotF, while the YotC did the same in a more letteral way and brought Icewing back.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012