Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Freudian Logos
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Razor Wolf
Awhile back, when I was reading the SR4 core book for the first time, I was looking at the megacorp logos (I'd never seen most of them before) and thought that the Ares soldier looked familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on why. I think I've figured it out: Click Here
Malicant
What an unexpected coincidence, with Ares being kinda a symbol for manliness. You know, the circle thingy with that arrow pointing out of it? Like... a shield with a spear, kinda, behind it? grinbig.gif
Blade
You mean, like Dumpshock's logo? wink.gif
Medicineman
how about this one ?

http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/0...t-logo-fail.jpg

JahtaHey
Medicineman
Malicant
I believe that just made my day.
Snow_Fox
For Valentine's day my husband bought me something from "Fruedian Slips"
darthmord
You mean with how Ares makes weapons of war and Ares (Aries) is the God of War from Greek & Roman mythology.

Of course that does make me wonder if those gods from mythology were actually mortals, passions, or something else...
MK Ultra
To OP:
You sure it wasn´t this one, the Ares Logo reminded you of? The Trojan thing is much more fun, though, I guess wink.gif
raggedhalo
Ares (Greek God) != Aries (Zodiac ram)
pbangarth
QUOTE (Snow_Fox @ Feb 16 2009, 06:48 AM) *
For Valentine's day my husband bought me something from "Fruedian Slips"

That is to say, he bought something for himself.
Backgammon
Rejected Ares slogans:

"Ares - Use Protection!"

"If you're gonna fuck your Johnson over, fuck 'im with a name you can trust - Ares"

"Got a prick you need to deal with? Use Ares!"

"Shoot your load with Ares!"

BishopMcQ
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Feb 16 2009, 04:02 PM) *
That is to say, he bought something for himself.

I've never gotten the feeling that Snow Fox's husband dresses in vintage drag. Link
Ryu
QUOTE (Backgammon @ Feb 17 2009, 04:08 AM) *
Ares slogans:

"Ares - Use Protection!"

"If you're gonna fuck your Johnson over, fuck 'im with a name you can trust - Ares"

"Got a prick you need to deal with? Use Ares!"

"Shoot your load with Ares!"

There, fixed. It´s a megacorp, and those slogans would sell to a certain audience. smile.gif
Lyonheart
Whats so strange about a company named for a Greek god of war having a Greek soldier on the logo?

InfinityzeN
The AmEx logo is Hermes. No biggy though.

I always liked the OGC logo myself.

Trans World Airlines logo was also a nice freudian slip logo.
pbangarth
QUOTE (BishopMcQ @ Feb 16 2009, 08:37 PM) *
I've never gotten the feeling that Snow Fox's husband dresses in vintage drag. Link

"Taking pleasure" in clothing doesn't necessarily entail wearing it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012