Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Plata O Plomo
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
ChipheadCharley
I'm sure you can figure what this is for.

Please post Sheets here.
Oenone
Here's the sheet for Rossi.

Copy pasted because I'm a big fan of avoiding the woe that pasting spreadsheet pages into the forum brings.

Edited - Because at first I said a big fan of cheating. Which totally gives the wrong impression!
(Unless it's IC cheating. In which case it's probably okay. Providing we don't get caught that is)

[ Spoiler ]
Fuchs
Here's Stray

I am a big fan of wiki sheets - the history logs make changes transparent, and I can add pictures!
Oenone
I've not dabbled with wiki-sheets before. Are they especially complicated to set up?

Because I have to admit the sheet for Stray is really easy to read. Especially given that it shows the DP's for everything along with breakdowns of cost and availability.
Red-ROM
Jasper

[ Spoiler ]

20 questions

[ Spoiler ]
DireRadiant
Yukika Nakumura aka Snowflower

[ Spoiler ]
dionysus
Tes' sheet.
[ Spoiler ]
De Badd Ass
Reserving a spot for Alec. I'm off to set up a wiki page now.
gobogen
Repost of Flash.

[ Spoiler ]
BlackHat
Discharge (410/410)
[ Spoiler ]

ChipheadCharley
If you've posted your sheet here, feel free to post IC. I had a really nice post prepared but my computer died, and all my schoolwork died with it. I'm about 95% done restoring it (atleast i was smart enough to back my work up semi-regularly). My post isnt the caliber I expect out of myself, but I do not wish to delay this another day.
gobogen
You might want to add an in-game time stamp (day and time) and some sort of indication of location (especially for later when it is more essential) to all your IC messages. This way it's easier for us to figure out how to reply. Just my 2 nuyen.gif

Edit: in particular I dunno if it's morning, midday or evening, nor if it's a Tuesday or a Saturday... I'll edit my IC post according to that information
ChipheadCharley
It's blank because not everyone has the same fixer, as each would text/call at their appropriate business hours or schedules.
gobogen
That makes sense, thanks.
ChipheadCharley
I know its a crappy opening post, and I have plans on editting it for content in the near future. As mentioned earlier I'm fixing what my computer chewed up in its death throws, but did not want to delay this any longer than it had been already. So, that you all understand the generic message (and opening post), since you all do not share the same fixer, it is your individual fixers that have gotten you this job. Why does the Johnson use more than one fixer????? (That's the shadows for you!)
DireRadiant
We all have the same fixer, we just don't know it yet.

It's could also be outsourcing. My fixer knows a fixer who knows someone who needs someone like you.

Or we can take a few weeks figuring out how all of us meet.
Oenone
I'm not going to get chance to throw up a post until Saturday thanks to a party at a friends house. Hopefully this won't slow things down for anyone. I'll try get it up as soon as I'm home for more than half an hour (and of course preferably when I'm sober).
gobogen
Exceptionally, I will be quite busy next week, so I'm curious what are the deadlines in the end.
Red-ROM
so I've played SR 3 for years, and just recently upgraded to 4th ed. so i'm a little new to the rules. and this is my first game on dump shock. So i guess i'm wondering about the mechanics, and the flow of the game. who rolls the dice? how does the timing work? Any "old timers" got some advice for me? also, as an aside, I'm nothing like my character. I'm sure thats true for most of us, but i'm playing an old, short, redneck, so i thought i'd throw that out there.
ChipheadCharley
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Feb 21 2009, 09:23 PM) *
but i'm playing an old, short, redneck, so i thought i'd throw that out there.

Funny, you just described me rotate.gif

I'm new here as well and have seen some things I like from other games, such as date time stamps and rolling is done by invisiblecastle. I'll try to find the link and post it, but I'm sure someone else may beat me to it. As far as flow, since Gobogen is going to be busy and I havent seen a post from another it will be pretty much freeform for a few. After that we'll find our good days for posting deadlines. I'm thinking no more than 36 to 48 hours after I post to respond, as a rule.
Red-ROM
hey, I did an edit on my character sheet, I listed all the standard mods for my vehicles and drones to avoid any confusion, and i put their matrix attributes(no upgrades, just derived from the device rating and pilot rating). I'm in desperate need of upgrades quick grinbig.gif
Fuchs
Invisible Castle Dice Roller
BlackHat
Starting cash for Discharge: [4,1,1,3,12] = (21) = 21x500 = 10,500 nuyen
Red-ROM
Jasper's roll for starting credx 50= nuyen.gif 500
ChipheadCharley
De Bad Ass, you still in?
dionysus
Starting cash for Tesseract: 3d6*50=700.
Oenone
Starting Nuyen for Rossi...

4d6 → [2,3,1,1] = (7) x 100 for Middle Lifestyle = 700 Nuyen.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1952905/
Red-ROM
not sure whats happening, so i'm killing time trying to copy my clearsight autosoft(rating 4) rolled: software+logic
the interval is 1 hour, the threshold is up to Charley(book recomends 10-20?)
ChipheadCharley
I've been postponing what I should have seen as inevitable (god my spelling is horrible), is DWC still lurking around?
Red-Rom, lets take the median'ish and make it 14.

We start this up (for real this time) with or without people.
Fuchs
I am here!
DWC
Still around. What's up?
Red-ROM
whats inevitable?
BlackHat
QUOTE (DWC @ Feb 25 2009, 07:57 AM) *
Still around. What's up?

I think he was referring to the fact that you have not 'checked in' in the IC thread, yet - so he wasn't sure if he had lost you.
DWC
Last I knew, I was on the waiting list. I'm guessing that might have just changed.
Red-ROM
makes sense, de bad ass hasn't posted a character, or done anything IC
DWC
Pending a confirmation from CHC, I'll put something up, followed later in the day by a whole character.
gobogen
Hey guys, sorry I haven't had much time to post this week (as I expected), I'll be on and always around starting this saturday.
ChipheadCharley
My apologizes folks, but i got hit with the flu bug (on a side note as a Republican and one of the 48 million without healthcare....it might be nice for universal healthcare i'm beginning to believe).

DWC please submit

Gobogen, that's okay as I've been out of commission.

And again, I apologize about my absense and rest assured, the game is still on.
DireRadiant
Take your time, get better, most of us will be around.
DWC
Twenty Questions
[ Spoiler ]

Mechanics
[ Spoiler ]

Edit: Forgot the roll for starting money.
Red-ROM
I'm glad to see a hacker in the group. Ole Jasper ain't bad in a pinch, but I was really concerned about handling the matrix end solo.

so this is the current line up right?

Stray (Female Human Physad) Player: Fuchs

Flash (Female Elf Covert Sammie) Player: Gobogen

Tesseract (Male Ork Sammie) Player: Dionysis

Snow Flower/Yukika (Female Human Mystic Adept) Player: DireRadiant

Discharge (Male Epileptic Mystic Adept) Player: BlackHat

Rossi (Male Face) Player: Oenone

Jasper (Male Human Rigger) Player: Red-ROM

Nuke(Male Human Covert Hacker) Player: DWC

(with 8 people we might have to do like the X-men a while back and have "Gold team" and "Blue team")
Fuchs
Don't forget that in a PbP game, it can be very nice to have several people on the same task/in the same scene - more posts, more interaction, especially when we have deadlines, so won't be held up by a single player.
DWC
Forgot the 8:30pm on a Wednesday post.

====

Wednesday 20:31:32, I-5 Northbound, Downtown

The big chopper rumbled underneath Nuke as it brute forced its’ way through Seattle’s cool, damp evening air. The interstate was largely empty at this time of night. All the wage slaves were already home, and the party crowd wouldn’t be out yet. It was a good time for peace and quiet.

He swerved around a subcompact with a U of S sticker. Probably some kid headed back to campus after some internship downtown. Poor bastard. Twenty years old and already doomed to civilian life. In ten years, he’d have a wife, a kid, a mortgage, and be dead inside. Then he’d get to work the next forty years making someone he’d never meet even richer.

A beep from his decoy commlink indicated an incoming message from the driver. He opened it with a thought and found a quick message tagged with a picture of a winking asian girl. <<Nice bike, cutie.>>

Nuke blushed and snapped the throttle all the way open, fleeing the driver’s attentions.

The suspension unloaded for a second as he crested the approach ramp of the upper deck of the Ship Canal Bridge with the engine wide open. Remembering his lessons, he leaned forward to keep the front wheel down as the chopper broke the 100mph barrier.

Suddenly very aware of his speed, and very nervous about it, his sweating right palm loosened on the throttle and the bike slowed back to something approaching the speed limit.

She is kind of cute. Not that she’d actually want anything to do with an ex-con, though. Especially not one who’s just learning to ride.

The navigation system warned that he would be approaching the Northgate Mall soon. It took less than a second to connect to the traffic monitoring system cameras and survey the on and off ramps. It was approaching closing time and the parking lots were starting to empty out. He drifted over to the left lane and shot past the whole snarled interchange.

Up ahead in the distance, the star filled sky of Snohomish called to him.
Red-ROM
how do you(Chip) determine when Edge refreshes?
Red-ROM
just chceckin in, looks like the IC clock is hitting 11:30pm so heres my next copy program roll (2 hits/4 total). man this could take a while

Edit:
here's the rest of the rolls
3rd roll(2)
4th roll(3)
5th roll(3)
6th roll(3)

now i'm trying to get a second comlink, do i roll for that, or do you chip ? and what about price on the streets?
Red-ROM
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Feb 18 2009, 10:21 PM) *
Jasper

[ Spoiler ]

20 questions

[ Spoiler ]

OK, I've edited the matrix attributes on my vehicles, I'm still not sure about them. I didn't upgrade them, so i'm just trying to figure out the standard. if my vehicle has a device rating of 3, it's matrix attributes are 3, yes? but if it has a pilot of 2. that lowers the firewall and system to 2 as well? or should the firewall and system stay at 3?
BlackHat
IIRC pilot acts as system for drones, so it would be a 2. Firewall can exceed system/response (unlike normal programs, per the errata), so that would still be a 3
DWC
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Mar 5 2009, 07:35 AM) *
IIRC pilot acts as system for drones, so it would be a 2. Firewall can exceed system/response (unlike normal programs, per the errata), so that would still be a 3

Fortunately, you can get a single R6 Firewall program, bust the copy protection, and put a copy of it on pretty much everything you own except the RFID tag in your socks.

Edit:
@CHC: I'm pretty sure so far everyone is scattered across the 36 hours before the meet, so the exact time can't be pinned down, but what's the date for the meet?
ChipheadCharley
Good question, let me consult a calender a friend made for me and i'll get that cleared up. Everyone ready to continue? Trick question. We're continueing on.

Can I please get a load out of your PC for the meet ie Armor, clothes, drones nearby, weapons and ammo. Please post that here.
Oenone
Rossi has his half suit of form fitting armour on, all his PPP parts (they're the discreet kind) and his Berwick suit.

He's wearing Hardliner gloves and has the following hidden about his person his commlink, respirator, a mini-welder, a pack of 10 plastic restraints and he'll have his browning ultra power in a concealed holster loaded with Hollow points.

I should note now that none of his gear has wireless enabled (and in the case of his pistol the computer parts are gone entirely leaving a simple totally dumb weapon) and he's running rating 6 empathy software on his cybereyes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012