Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: February Chat Log
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
BishopMcQ
Chat log as promised.

[ Spoiler ]
BookWyrm
In the words of Artie Johnson......very eenterestink.
Ryu
Great News! Thanks from one of the impatient.
BishopMcQ
I aim to please. Posting this here (generally) also serves to give Adam some breathing room so that he can finish laying out new books and e-books without all of us clamoring for the transcript.
Ryu
I know, the transcripts shouldn´t be a priority, and having them NOW! for those who miss the chat by a few hours certainly even less.
Cardul
I find it amusing that they say they have nothing solid on the novels, when we know that the release order is Mechwarrior the first month, battletech the next, and shadowrun the third, and CGL had something solid enough to tell Game Trade Magazine that the Mechwarrior Novel is coming out this month. So, we should be seeing the Shadow run novel in April.
hobgoblin
hmm, running wild and seattle 2072 are hereby on my "to get" list.
Adam
QUOTE (Cardul @ Feb 21 2009, 07:33 PM) *
I find it amusing that they say they have nothing solid on the novels, when we know that the release order is Mechwarrior the first month, battletech the next, and shadowrun the third, and CGL had something solid enough to tell Game Trade Magazine that the Mechwarrior Novel is coming out this month. So, we should be seeing the Shadow run novel in April.

Game Trade Magazine, by "virtue" of being a print publication, solicits their information months in advance, and is no longer correct.

If there was a book coming out in February, it is almost certain that we would have posted the street date by now.
Cardul
QUOTE (Adam @ Feb 21 2009, 10:00 PM) *
Game Trade Magazine, by "virtue" of being a print publication, solicits their information months in advance, and is no longer correct.

If there was a book coming out in February, it is almost certain that we would have posted the street date by now.

Dang it! So....the novels are going to be just like the Solaris VII Campaign pack...And I was so looking forward to them, too frown.gif

Well...back to waiting for Holostreets for fiction, then...
Sir_Psycho
When they mention the book will be more Seattle and less New Seattle, I just imagined lots of real models in posed photoshoots with NERPS and EVO meta-ware.
Wesley Street
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho @ Feb 22 2009, 06:36 AM) *
When they mention the book will be more Seattle and less New Seattle, I just imagined lots of real models in posed photoshoots with NERPS and EVO meta-ware.

I know a lot of people think those Seattle and London sourcebook photos are dorky (you can see the edges of the plastic elf ears)... but I love them! love.gif If those came back in some form I would be thrilled. A good photographer and Photoshop artist could make some very nifty material.
Starmage21
I dont see anything in there about Dragon PCs
Adam
QUOTE (Cardul @ Feb 22 2009, 06:14 AM) *
Dang it! So....the novels are going to be just like the Solaris VII Campaign pack...And I was so looking forward to them, too frown.gif

Or they could be just like all the books we've released since forming in 2007: coming out on their Street Date, after we announce it. wink.gif
Nigel
Ahh! I can't wait until the "gaming aids" get further detail! Especially that last bit...creating characters is the most distasteful part of SR4 to me, but only because of the length of time required.
Ryu
Oh, if it is what I think it has to be, it will be sweeet.

(I highly doubt it will cut my chargen time in half. I could do that without, if I wanted to.)
Wesley Street
Crunching the numbers for chargen has always been part of the fun for me. If I did find it irritating I'd use one of the pre-built archetypes from the BBB.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012