Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Q. mounted weapon and recoil compensation
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
craygo
Does a vehicle mounted weapon give any recoil compensation or does all it’s recoil come form the recoil items attach to the weapon?

And can you give book and page number for these rules?
Prime Mover
Vehicle body rating in recoil comp (p.105,arsenal). Further recoil comp is possible with mods.
raggedhalo
Doesn't p105 of Arsenal actually say "vehicle weapons mounted in a weapon mount do not suffer negative recoil modifiers" except in situations like an HMG on a Body 3 drone?
Dashifen
VEHICLE WEAPONS AND RECOIL
Theoretically, vehicle weapons mounted in a weapon mount (p. 146) do not suffer negative recoil modifiers, but this can lead to strange results when a very large gun is mounted on a very small vehicle. For example it is possible to install a weapon mount with HMG on a compact drone with a body rating of 3 (human-sized) and suffering no recoil effects from full auto fi re, where a normal human would have trouble holding the weapon let alone successfully hitting anything. In instances like this, it is perfectly all right for the gamemaster to apply negative modifiers equal to those a person shooting the weapon would suffer from recoil, counting in the vehicle’s mass (as a rule of thumb: its Body rating) as recoil compensation.

Emphasis mine.

Technically, it says both. The easy way is to say that vehicle mounted weapons have their recoil compensated, but the more granular (I hesitate to say realistic) way would be, as mentioned at the end of the paragraph, to provide the vehicle's body in recoil compensation. What remains to be determined, then, is what "instances" the book speaks of. I prefer to assume that this rule of thumb just applies at all times because it means that some high powered weapons mounted on smaller vehicles can still suffer recoil modifications.
Shinobi Killfist
QUOTE (Dashifen @ Feb 24 2009, 03:04 PM) *
Emphasis mine.

Technically, it says both. The easy way is to say that vehicle mounted weapons have their recoil compensated, but the more granular (I hesitate to say realistic) way would be, as mentioned at the end of the paragraph, to provide the vehicle's body in recoil compensation. What remains to be determined, then, is what "instances" the book speaks of. I prefer to assume that this rule of thumb just applies at all times because it means that some high powered weapons mounted on smaller vehicles can still suffer recoil modifications.

I read it as saying. Vehicles don't suffer recoil problems, unless your player is being a douche.
Night Jackal
Read it the same. I have a simple rule of thumb for drones. Its Mini-drones can handle up to machine pistols, Small up to Submachine guns and Med up to LMG and then Large what ever you can mount on it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012