Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gangs, guns & grenades
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Browncoatone
I realize that there is a great variety amongst gang capabilities, but I'm wondering how well you arm your gangs.

For the purposes of this poll assume that the Ancients are a premier gang, the Crimson Crush are an average gang, and the Troll Killers are a minor gang.
nezumi
Basically all of my gangs have all of that equipment.

The difference is normal gangs will have AKs.
Premier gangs will have demolitions, heavy weapons, and magical support.
Minor gangs will have a really rad gang name.
kanislatrans
QUOTE (nezumi @ Feb 24 2009, 11:17 AM) *

like"Insert Name Here" or "234th St. Spam Junkies" or "Rampant Virgins", some hardcore albeit small gangs in my personal version of SR. There is also"krotch Kickers" Montezuma's Revenge" and "Vibrant Linguists" although they really don't count as gangs, more like wannabee gangers. spin.gif spin.gif
GrinderTheTroll
grinbig.gif Well played sir!
Whipstitch
To me it's as much about nuyen as type. For example, I have no problem with the leader of bottom tier gang owning cyberware and an automatic, provided that it's a set of second-hand Spurs and a beat up Sandler TMP instead of Wired 2 and an Ares Alpha. It's not like anyone has to know that you could barely afford a half clip of ammo for it, after all. I tend to give aggressive gangers in my games "scary" looking guns like warhawks and roomsweepers, as well things that let you pray and spray (I rather doubt most gangers are disciplined marksmen) over sleek and sensible guns like a Fichetti or Hammerli; I guess I think of most gangers as being low tech but sneakily effective, often favoring sheer DV over bells and whistles. Image is everything, after all. Mileage may vary when dealing with go-gangs and hackers, since they're more likely to have a fetish for cutting edge stuff and typically have a bit more cash to throw around in general.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012