Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cyberpunk conversion
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Valium
Does anyone have a link for Cyberpunk -> Shadowrun (or vice versa) conversion notes sites? I'm trying to port the Alien Fuzion game into Shadowrun rules...
nezumi
Rules conversions or item conversions? Rule conversions I can't help you... Make something up. Obviously, you can't change magic to CP. SR's Bod and Str = CP's Bod. SR's int = CP's Int and Tech. SR's cha = CP's cool, attr and emp. CP's MA and luck have no SR equivalent. Find a d20 to SR conversion and divide all the d20 numbers by 2 is all I can figure.

Equipment conversions, the only things I've seen have been from file sharing. I found a rtf file called Cyberpunk - Tech Specs online. It was made for sharing, so it's legit.
Siege
Heh.

Insofar as I know, there isn't a Fuzion -> SR conversion table.

Now, you might explore the Chromebook conversions to SR. The Chromebooks were written with the original CP rules, but it might give you a better frame of reference.

You can find the net.conversions here.

-Siege
Siege
QUOTE (nezumi)
Obviously, you can't change magic to CP.

Actually, I think he's taking a Fuzion mechanic and importing it for SR use.

However, there have been several house adaptations for magical systems in Cyberpunk.

I did one using the Ars Magica base and the Grimm's indie supplements took a different tack.

-Siege
Siege
The better question would be: what part of the Fuzion system are you having problems converting?

-Siege
Valium
The better question would be: what part of the Fuzion system are you having problems converting?

Well, the attribute values are somewhat difficult to convert...I'm too lazy to go through the trouble. Also, I was in a hurry with the game (not anymore) but I guess I'll start tinkering with the systems today or so...

I also wrote (though VERY quickly) down the Alien's stats usable with the SR system:

CODE

The Alien (Drone)
-----------------

Body: 5
Quickness: 6 (x4)
Strenght: 5
Charisma: -
Intelligence: 3
Willpower: 5

Reaction: 4 + 1D6
Combat Pool: 7

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012