Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Prime Runners. GMs: Strut your stuff.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
SincereAgape
As a GM/Storyteller I love to incorporate an arch-villain, a main antagonist, someone the heroes or main characters learn to loathe, hate, develop a negative relationship with. With so many faceless and cardboard type characters in the world of Shadowrun whom the PCs encounter as enemies, it always great to have that one nagging character whom serves as a thorn in the players sides. I've been a GM for about five months and have run numerous numbers of sessions, and from the beginning I have used a Prime Runner who will most likely meet her demise in the next few modules. The reaction to her has been incredible and my players have grown to have a lot of fun running into her, and hating it at the same time.

That being said, I would love to hear about other Prime Runners running around the 6th World which have been created by my fellow GMs. Perhaps we can bounce ideas of off one another. Or if permission is granted by the creators, even incorporate other threats into our stories for cameos or one time threats.

The first module we ran was "On the Run" (http://www.shadowrun4.com/products/product.php?i=26003&m=fpr) and since then I have been using Risa as the main villain of the first module which has been an extension of On the Run (lasting for around 9 missions thus far.) During our last mission, she managed to drain a point of essence from the Hacker/Rigger whom thought he was nice and safe in his GMC Bulldog Van. She has also planned and executed a perfect ambush against two of my PCs in their havens, capturing and torturing them in the process (Where we are right now in the timeline). She has faced three of the PCs in one on one duels, and has managed to escape each time despite being defeated two out of three times. Sadly, she has already used her "Hand of God" salvation and no longer has any more Edge. This coming session, I am planning to have her burn half the face of one of the street samurais making the rivalry between her and PCs that more personal.

Risa's statistics

[ Spoiler ]

Anyways please share your ideas, would love to hear them.
Artemis
One of the Guys took a 20pt Enemy at Chargen so I present,

Avery Cates - The Gweat and Tewibble (Name and tag stolen from a book)

Caucasian Male, late 40s early 50s - Think Eastwood in the in 1990

A CAS fixer to the Corps, exrunner/face whos yearlyprofits are worth meganuyen on first name terms with AAA CEOs and plays golf every Sunday afternoon with the head of Lonestar, etc etc.

Funfacts: He runs a town in North Texas called "Tierra de Sombras" - land of shadows , which enjoys Extraterritoriality due to his connections with Lonestar and Ares from here he runs his international organisation. He also rents land to runners, prices start at about 25000 for a studio flat and rise after that, (discounts available ask your realtor how to apply) and the law enforcement is supplied by his organisation and heavily armed neighbourhood watch committees.

Naturally this guy is far too powerful to use directly against the runner, however his local agents in Seattle have been keeping busy harrassing and engaging him.

With such humour as the troll ganger who threw him through a bar door into a barbrawl.
More recently a runner team who blew up his apartment and placed 20ft AR signs with his smiling face on them with the slogan
"This destruction brought to you by xxxxxxxx" In flashing neon letters on the warehouse wall opposite.
Sumo Neko
QUOTE (SincereAgape @ Mar 2 2009, 05:08 PM) *
That being said, I would love to hear about other Prime Runners running around the 6th World which have been created by my fellow GMs. Perhaps we can bounce ideas of off one another. Or if permission is granted by the creators, even incorporate other threats into our stories for cameos or one time threats.

Anyways please share your ideas, would love to hear them.

I don't have the stats nearby -- but one I plan to use in my current campaign is actually a players character from a previous game. He had to leave part way through the last campaign and I did talk to him about it, so he is cool with the idea, even communicating with him for ideas and inputs on what he would do for the end of that last game.

(This was 3rd edition)
Street Name: Machine
Race: Ork
Archetype: Street Sam

His specialty is the Sniper Rifle, but not the only skill he has. When he wants to send a message or leave a calling card it is always especially engraved sniper rifle round with a message personal the target or those who discover the body.

[ Spoiler ]

CaseyRyback
I was having quite a large problem with my PC's tearing through stock NPC's like a hot knife cuts through snow, so i decided to have another shadowrunning team try and run wetwork on them after they attracted some mob attention. They were a 3 man team all genned with 400BP with a street samurai,occult investigator and a drake phys ad. The phys ad and the constantine wannabe went down as fast as regular mooks, but the sammie has the party shitting bricks as he shrugs off their combined firepower, I've just ended the session with a PC hacker about to ram his van into the guy in the hope that will put him down.

Dutch- Ork Street Samurai

Body 8 Agility 5[7] Reaction 5[9] Strength 7[9]
Charisma 2 Intuition 2 Logic 2 Willpower 2
Edge 1 Essence 0.5 Initiative 11 Initiative Passes 3

Automatics 1 Heavy Weapons 1 Infiltration 1 Longarms 6[7][Shotguns] Pistols 1[Semi-Auto]
Thrown 1 Unarmed 4[5][Martial Arts] Pilot Ground Craft 4[wheeled] Climbing 1
Etiquette 2 Intimidation 4[Physical] Perception 2[visual] Armorer 2[weapons]
Automotive Mechanic 3 First Aid 1 Hardware 1 Survival 1 Navigation 1

Qualities-Toughness,Guts,Bad Luck, Spirit Bane.

Cyberware-Alpha Wired Reflexes 2, Reaction enhancers 2, Muscle augmentation 2, Muscle Toner 2, Platelet Factories, Reflex Recorders for Long Arms and Unarmed, Aluminium Bone Lacing, Retinal Image and Smart Link, Data Jack.

Armour-Riot Control with Helmet[Flare Comp, Non-Conductivity 6] worn over Form Fitting Body Armour=13/13
Main Weapon-Heavily Modified Enfield AS-7 Auto Shotgun on a Gyro Mount[Smart Linked,Heavy Barrel,Full Auto Fire Mode, Extended Clip, Personalised Grips, Shock Pads]

Or to put it basically he rolls in the region of 18 dice to hit, if he hits he's doing 9-23 Flechette damage. If someone has the cheek to shoot back the damge resistantance pool runs in at around 24-25 Dice and the Non-conductivity on his armour stops people making the easy kill with sticky shockers.
jimbojmfb
My buddy and I alternate GMing, and often I create new characters, run them a bit in his campaign, and then adapt them to my runs as a villain.

Most recently, I created a 500 point Hedge-Witch to use as a one-of, and he had an opposing mage powerball her into oblivion.

Naturally, she survived, and now lurks in my campaign as an NPC. She's hostile as fuck, with lots of insanity themed magic, plus the Sacrifice metamagic to overcast effects like Mass Agony.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012