Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heroclix on verge of selling... What about SR?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Roy Fokker
http://www.saveheroclix.com/index.php?opti...s&Itemid=58

any news on SR? i found this quasi-announcement regarding heroclix and then noticed the SR purchase sticky thread is gone from the forum.
Wesley Street
The short version: Topps announced it was willing to sell the SR license. Catalyst put in an offer. Topps decided not to sell after all. Sadness fell across the land. frown.gif
attack
What does this mean for catalyst? Will there be a topps's game logo instead of wizkids?
Wesley Street
Topps owns the WizKids brand. So nothing will change.
TBRMInsanity
The sale of WizKids reeks of the Commodore sale of Amiga (and it has been dieing a slow and painful death since). I really hope Topps invests into Heroclix and develops it further. It would be nice if Catalyst and Topps could hash out a deal where Catalyst would own and produce Shadowrun, Battletech, and other WizKids RPG IP, and Topps could create the Heroclix minitures to go along with the games.

I would love to buy Heroclix Shadowrun minitures that had a physical and mental clixs on them (set them to metatype min and maxs and have the wound modifier on them). It would make tracking damage as a GM sooooo much easier. Currently I use an OpenOffice spread sheet but it is annoying.
BlueMax
QUOTE (TBRMInsanity @ Mar 3 2009, 11:11 AM) *
I would love to buy Heroclix Shadowrun minitures that had a physical and mental clixs on them (set them to metatype min and maxs and have the wound modifier on them). It would make tracking damage as a GM sooooo much easier. Currently I use an OpenOffice spread sheet but it is annoying.

Heck for most goons, you only need one track. I would be happy with Shadowrun style heroclix, even if they didnt have a tracker. Just more minis please.
Roy Fokker
is catalyst a part of this pinata consortium they're talking about?
MJBurrage
QUOTE (Roy Fokker @ Mar 3 2009, 11:18 PM) *
is catalyst a part of this pinata consortium they're talking about?

Piñata Games was formed by Jake Theis—the HeroClix Brand Manager while WizKids Games was still active. Theis also created the Save HeroClix website to aid his efforts.

If the deal for Catalyst to buy the WizKids properties had gone through, Catalyst would have licensed the Clix lines to Piñata.
(Catalyst Game Labs and Piñata Games Form Strategic Alliance)

From the press release at the beginning of this thread it appears that Piñata has reached an equivalent deal with the unnamed newly formed company that is buying the Clix (and some other) properties.

It remains unknown (to us) if those other properties include either Shadowrun or Battletech.
Roy Fokker
thanks, i knew i saw something with pinata and catalyst together but couldn't remember where. hopefully a SR deal is included with catalyst as i don't feel like buying a new edition of SR when catalyst's license expires just because another company has acquired the rights. i've had the SR4 book since release but only recently started playing in a campaign! smile.gif
Wesley Street
SR 3rd ed. started at FASA in 1998(ish) and transferred over to Fanpro when they got the license. Fanpro developed 4th ed. initially and Catalyst continued it when it acquired the license. A gaming IP changing hands doesn't necessitate a new game edition, just a change in publishers.
Roy Fokker
true, but it is a common tactic to raise money in the RPG industry when those publishers do change.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012