Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fashion
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Eyeslikethunder
Our group has a players who is using fashion on the groups armour. He says wants it to change the armour so that it fits him in his animal forms using fashion but it does say changes cut but must cover him as much as before. his idea seems to be above and beyond what the spell does. He has suggested taking it off then casting fashion then putting back on after changing forms which i suppose might work for some of his human sized forms. but he talking gorilla's and bears

Our main GM (we rotate GM a bit) goes the opposite way say it does not work on full body armour. This does not tie in with how i read it but he is GM.

Are either of these two right?

Draco18s
Physical Mask might actually be more appropriate. By RAW there's no way for a shapeshifter to wear armor.

My GM has allowed me to custom order armor from an artificer. Equivalent of a force 2 power foci (so, nuyen.gif 50,000 and 16 karma, and roughly a month to enchant).
Eyeslikethunder
just to clarify he is a mage using a spell to change form.
ravensmuse
Aw, I thought this was going to be about Fashion in the Sixth World.

A subject I have thought much about.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Eyeslikethunder @ Mar 5 2009, 12:56 PM) *
just to clarify he is a mage using a spell to change form.

I'm not sure if that helps or hinders, actually. Shifting is a complex action. So you'd either have to cast the spell first, or take the armor off. Neither of which really help: Fashion works with what's already on the body and fits it TO the body.

If the character were getting smaller (hawk, fox, etc.) it might work.
AllTheNothing
If there's going to be alot of shapechanging an armor spell would probably be preferable, that or having an armor suit to be crafted specificaly to fit to the shape of choise.

Draco18s
As an adept, my character doesn't have the Armor spell and I didn't want to have to rely on the finikyness that having the party mage cast it would entail (LoS, etc). So I went looking for unique items.
pbangarth
QUOTE (AllTheNothing @ Mar 5 2009, 11:12 AM) *
If there's going to be alot of shapechanging an armor spell would probably be preferable, that or having an armor suit to be crafted specificaly to fit to the shape of choise.

I just got this image of a chihuahua in chain mail.
Draco18s
How about cats?
pbangarth
That is just TOO cool!
Muspellsheimr
I want one for my cat...
Draco18s
QUOTE (Muspellsheimr @ Mar 5 2009, 01:46 PM) *
I want one for my cat...

It should be noted that in all likely hood your cat would be unable to move.

However, if he could, now not only is he plotting your demise while you sleep, you've given him armor to protect him when you start to fight back. wink.gif
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Mar 5 2009, 07:38 PM) *

why was my first thought "battle-cat"?
Jay
I just keep thinking about when my two cats chase each other across the tile floor and skitter around and slide into things (like chairs and walls).

I think that could get expensive. biggrin.gif
pbangarth
How about armour for Drop Bears?
the_real_elwood
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Mar 5 2009, 02:51 PM) *

Good god man, don't give them ARMOR! Do you really think the drop bears need any more advantage?
AllTheNothing
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Mar 5 2009, 09:51 PM) *

Sorry but falling chunks of metal are province of Thor Shots and Orbital Bovine Bombardment.
hobgoblin
bovine, metal, did i miss a memo?
InfinityzeN
Orbital Drop Bear Bombardment! Yes, the new way to kill that twinky PC!
AllTheNothing
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Mar 5 2009, 11:13 PM) *
bovine, metal, did i miss a memo?

There had been a discussion about the nature of the OBB and it was suggested that in order to survive the friction with atmospher the cows have to be augmented with titanium bone lacing and dermal armor, some even suggested that the lacing should be so extensive that turnes the animal into a solid block of metal.
AllTheNothing
QUOTE (InfinityzeN @ Mar 5 2009, 11:27 PM) *
Orbital Drop Bear Bombardment! Yes, the new way to kill that twinky PC!

Actualy not; the orbital version of drop bears are launched into orbit to drop UFOs approaching the ZO.
However if one of those thing manages to fall on the runners heads it's going to have some effect.
Wombat
Theoretically, you could simulcast Shapechange and Fashion to have the armor shift to cover the equivalent portions of the new form. We've done this before in my group, and it seems to have worked out well. If your GM is really nit-picky about it, then just create a new spell to do so. You could even use the Fashion spell as a template, though you may have to specify the two forms the armor shift is for, such as Fashion [Metahuman(Human, Elf, Ork) Armor to Raven Armor] or Fashion [Metahuman Armor to Tiger Armor]. This would be much like combining the [Critter] Form spell with the Fashion spell.
Eyeslikethunder
yeah i do think our mage needs to create his own spell to end the dicussions.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Wombat @ Mar 5 2009, 06:02 PM) *
Theoretically, you could simulcast Shapechange and Fashion to have the armor shift to cover the equivalent portions of the new form.

Except in this case Shapechange isn't a spell. It's a critter power (specifically Alternate Form). No roll involved, simply "take a complex action."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012