Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MagickNet as virtual contact
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Angier
After digesting the rules for group contacts and for virtual contacts I wondered how you would implement the MagickNet as the latter.

I'd say it's a basic connection rating 3 contact, showing the broad diversity of the members in it. Adding the amount of members in it (I'd say it easily is more than 1000+ members, so +6) and being interlinked with a variety of other nodes I'd give it a +2 for it's matrix ressources. This would make the MagickNet a 3(11) virtual contact. Do I miss anything? Suggestions?
Draco18s
3(11) is the wrong way to note it, really. It's just 11/[loyalty]. Group contacts are just allowed to have a rating higher than 6, as it's not augmented connectedness, it's its actual connectedness.
Sir_Psycho
Don't forget magical integration.
Shinobi Killfist
MagicNet? can someone refresh my memory, what is magicnet.
Muspellsheimr
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Mar 12 2009, 09:35 PM) *
3(11) is the wrong way to note it, really. It's just 11/[loyalty]. Group contacts are just allowed to have a rating higher than 6, as it's not augmented connectedness, it's its actual connectedness.

Actually, 3(11) / [Loyalty] is the correct way to write it. The contact does not receive 11 dice for all Connection-based tests; it gets 3. The 11 is used almost solely for determining it's chargen cost.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Muspellsheimr @ Mar 13 2009, 12:39 AM) *
Actually, 3(11) / [Loyalty] is the correct way to write it. The contact does not receive 11 dice for all Connection-based tests; it gets 3. The 11 is used almost solely for determining it's chargen cost.

My mistake then, I guess I didn't understand the rules, not that I went through them very thoroughly.
GreyBrother
QUOTE (Shinobi Killfist @ Mar 13 2009, 06:32 AM) *
MagicNet? can someone refresh my memory, what is magicnet.

Wikipedia for Magic Users on all things magical and it even has a shadownet.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012