Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A question about cyberlimb armour
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
crazyconscript
I'm a bit confused as to how to treat cyberlimbs with armour in the game. So here are my questions:

-How exactly does the armour enhancement for cyberlimbs actually work? I can see it stacking with armour normally if it is on the torso or head, but what happens when someone has a cyber-foot with the armour upgrade? I cant imagine having an armoured foot is going to help you much when someone shoots at your chest.
-If it does stack, what happens when you have multiple cyberlimbs with armour? One of our group has a full cyber-body cyber.gif (cyber-combatibility+alpha grade) and all of it has 2 points of armour mods. So does he have 12/12 armour inherent to his body?
-Since you use the average attributes for other abstract tests do you average cyberlimb armour aswell, and only apply the individual rating when a particular limb is targetted? But then that means you have to upgrade every limb to the same degree of armour...

Medicineman
QUOTE (crazyconscript @ Mar 13 2009, 09:45 AM) *
I'm a bit confused as to how to treat cyberlimbs with armour in the game. So here are my questions:

-How exactly does the armour enhancement for cyberlimbs actually work? I can see it stacking with armour normally if it is on the torso or head, but what happens when someone has a cyber-foot with the armour upgrade? I cant imagine having an armoured foot is going to help you much when someone shoots at your chest.
-If it does stack, what happens when you have multiple cyberlimbs with armour? One of our group has a full cyber-body cyber.gif (cyber-combatibility+alpha grade) and all of it has 2 points of armour mods. So does he have 12/12 armour inherent to his body?
-Since you use the average attributes for other abstract tests do you average cyberlimb armour aswell, and only apply the individual rating when a particular limb is targetted? But then that means you have to upgrade every limb to the same degree of armour...

1)If you have an armord Limb (even a foot) thats armored ,it counts towards your total Armor
(Forget about ....Shoot, whats "Trefferzonen" in English again ?)
Cyberlimb Armor adds Up
And yes,your friendly Joe Cybork can have 12/12 Armor + external Armor (Ask Binky wink.gif )

HokaHey
medicineman

crazyconscript
Man...he is going to LOVE that news....
Still seems odd that having an armoured hand/foot adds to your total armour though sarcastic.gif
Medicineman
If you have an armored vest and Helmet it also Protects angainst "Limbhits"
but you shold not think that way
There has never been a "trefferzone" in SR wink.gif
It was always generic
after you roll your succeses your GM tells you where you hit

HokaHey
Medizinmann
Demerzel
QUOTE (Medicineman @ Mar 13 2009, 07:28 AM) *
There has never been a "trefferzone" in SR wink.gif

Hit location perhaps?
Stahlseele
nope, those haven't been in there either. even if hit location is the correct translation for trefferzone ^^
the_real_elwood
The armor rating in SR represents an average protection to the entire body. Without a called shot, a successful hit results in the bullet striking anywhere on the body (even the foot, possibly). To smooth out game mechanics, you don't randomly decide where each shot lands and use only the armor protection in that area. I suppose you could work out a system to do that, but it'd be cumbersome and probably not much fun.

But yes, even an armored cyberfoot adds to your general level of protection.
Dakka Dakka
Yup Trefferzonen are hit locations. And yes armor is not averaged, but adds it total value to the characters armor. If you want a sick example use the search function for Binky.
Stahlseele
Yep, i had fun building that one ^^
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012