Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Karma award
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Doc Byte
There seems to be some confusion as to how much Karma one should gain per run. In my experience about 95% of the GMs I meet in 10 years of mainly conplaying played without personal Karma. Conruns take about 6 to 10h, sometimes more than 20h. If I get 6 Karma points, I'm a happy man. 8 Karma points let me jump around on one leg and sing silly songs. 4 to 6 points are RAW. But now I read the devs think 9 points are the average per run. Did I just miss something? Or was that allready a reaction to SR4A feedback in the last 3 days? In my opinion it would be a good move to officially doubble the Karma award in SR4A before sending the book to the printer. That would be an easy solution that could be done with little effort. I'm quite sure, most of the players will do that anyway as a kind of house rule in the future.
Malicant
In Missions, if you scored all optional bonusses, you could get up to 6 Karma, rarely 7. 4 was common, 5 if the GM felt generous. I'm surpired about those 9 average, really.
Degausser
Yeah, 4 to 5 is average for when I played. . . mind you that was for one session. If we had one super-long shadowrun that lasted multiple sessions, we would get an amount of karma equal to 4 or 5 TIMES the number of sessions. Maybe a few bonus point of karma too.

Example:

One run, we were hired to transport some stuff from Seattle to Hawaii via boat. First session, we got a boat, hired a nautical rigger, did our legwork, fought some Vory. We ended it on the high seas, just going there when our boat was suddenly destroyed by an unknown assailant, and we barely survived.

Second session we managed to get assistance before dying on the open ocean, and managed to track down who attacked us, boarded their converted oil tanker, and took them down. That 'run' was worth 9 Karma, but that's because it was two sessions (and about 12 hours totaled.)
Medicineman
I also Hope that whats in my Signature will become default Karma Gain
even a raise to 6-8 Karma per Session will be Ok

with more and better dances
Medicineman
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012