Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How much contacts get paid
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
PatB
Similar to another thread (how much do I pay the players), how much do you usually charge for legwork and for getting gears ?? I'm looking for a 'flat' rate without any role-playing or favors or service exchange factors.

Legworks:
- is it per net hit or by contact call ??

Gears:
- How much if the contact doesn't get a hit ??
- Do you give, for example, an extra 10% of the gear value for the contact's efforts ??
- How is rating and legality affecting the extra cost ??
- And how about the contact's loyalty to the runner (more like "I'm you best bud, so I'll charge only the expense")

Just wanna have an idea of what you guys are using for these resources.
Kanada Ten
Hm, did they take the standard "bribe" out of the common cost list? You'd think there'd be a (connection/loyalty)*x nuyen formula, or something. But then again, it relates to the whole value system in your game. If the players are only getting 5000 nuyen, then 200 for a scrap of information is a lot. But, if you're getting a half a million for an extraction, then how much do you need to pay to keep the person quiet about you looking for information about Doctor Moria's childhood? Tough call, but my players would dish out about 200-500, depending. Obviously, roleplaying factors apply.
PatB
Let's say we ditch the loyalty factor, information is still power. While a bartender may not charge anything, I'm sure a snitch would since this is how he makes his living.

Likewise, if you're looking for that super hot gear that would take you 2 weeks to find, but your fixer has the 'plugs' and can ditch it out in a few days, I'm sure he'll ask for some compensations.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012