Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: March Dev Chat Log
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
BishopMcQ
As promised, here you go. Adam will have a pretty version up later as time permits.

[ Spoiler ]
Aaron
Damn, you're quick.
Penguin001
Thanks for posting this man! It's good to be able to review the chat between games!
HardSix
QUOTE (BishopMcQ @ Mar 21 2009, 02:05 PM) *
As promised, here you go. Adam will have a pretty version up later as time permits.

Darn, you beat me to it. twirl.gif (Time to upgrade my Response)

Anyway, if anyone wanted it as a PDF until the official version is posted, here you go:

http://rapidshare.com/files/211894337/sr-c...-21-2009_v1.pdf (140KB)
BishopMcQ
HardSix--To be honest, I cheat. I update the log as the chat progresses and then it's a handful of keystrokes to have it here.
Ryu
Thanks again. smile.gif
hazemyth
Hmmm. Looking like the Manhattan .pdf did not make it out today, as suggested. Bummer.
Adam
http://www.battlecorps.com/catalog/product...roducts_id=2252

It's up; I'm working on the formal announcement right now.

[and it's up on DriveThruRPG]
Prime Mover
Still no critter book stoopid anniversy stuff getting in the way. smokin.gif
(Honestly after reading Peters letter I gotta have some sympathy for the folks now "holding" the ball on this years busy schedule.)
Tiger Eyes
QUOTE (Prime Mover @ Mar 22 2009, 08:31 AM) *
Still no critter book stoopid anniversy stuff getting in the way. smokin.gif
(Honestly after reading Peters letter I gotta have some sympathy for the folks now "holding" the ball on this years busy schedule.)

Critter book is coming along. No one asked about it. smile.gif
BookWyrm
OK, first off, I put the Manhattan PDF in my wishlist for safekeeping. I'll grab it after I-CON 28.
Second, there's a FREE download of Everyone's Your Friend, the first muisson for the NYC campaign. I'm gonna have FUN reading this. biggrin.gif

And finally: DO NOT KILL OFF HARLEQUIN. Yes, he can be annoying, Macheavellian, charming, even downright helpful at times, but WHY get rid of such a great plot device? Leave him in the SR universe. He's a part of what makes SR, SR. You don't spoil the magician's act just because you don't like the act.
hobgoblin
and good old clownface is technically on the side of the little man, if my impressions of the shadowtalk is correct.

or at the very least, he was no fan of the big conspiracies...

nice bullet dodge by john in the log btw wink.gif
hazemyth
QUOTE (Adam @ Mar 22 2009, 12:29 AM) *
It's up; I'm working on the formal announcement right now.

Wow. Late Night. Thanks.
Bull
QUOTE (BookWyrm @ Mar 22 2009, 01:45 PM) *
And finally: DO NOT KILL OFF HARLEQUIN. Yes, he can be annoying, Macheavellian, charming, even downright helpful at times, but WHY get rid of such a great plot device? Leave him in the SR universe. He's a part of what makes SR, SR. You don't spoil the magician's act just because you don't like the act.

Hehe. This is a long running joke with me and the Shadowrun Dev's, going back to FASA and Mike Mulvihill. smile.gif I don;t even have a plan or a story for it, I just someday want to be the guy that killed Harley. Probably hit him with a bus or something wink.gif
hobgoblin
make it a news report for the last book or something...
BishopMcQ
QUOTE (Bull @ Mar 22 2009, 01:21 PM) *
Probably hit him with a bus or something wink.gif

Bull, you sadly wouldn't be the first team that hit an IE with a bus (or specifically an APC). Ask Jen about it sometime...

Tiger Eyes
QUOTE (BishopMcQ @ Mar 22 2009, 05:21 PM) *
Bull, you sadly wouldn't be the first team that hit an IE with a bus (or specifically an APC). Ask Jen about it sometime...

McQ. My favorite playtest feedback of all the groups. Although I still think all the characters should be marked for painful death... wink.gif
Prime Mover
QUOTE (Tiger Eyes @ Mar 22 2009, 12:36 PM) *

a. Didn't ask because no matter what I do I can't get that stupid chat to refresh in any browser when devs start talking.
b. I whine about it too much already and don't want to sound too needy. *smirk*
Bull
QUOTE (BishopMcQ @ Mar 22 2009, 04:21 PM) *

Hehe. Nice smile.gif

The Bus thing is also a long running joke. Back around the time YotC came out, we decided to do something a bit "different" with the Gen Con Tourney. It was a 3 round game, and in the first 2 rounds, the PCs had tracked down and then protected a SURGE victim. We thought it would be fun if in Round 3, one of the characters got replaced by the SURGE'd character. And we thought it would be an interesting cliffhanger if we ended the night by killing the one PC, and then giving them the SURGE character on round 3 as a replacement.

Well, players being players, it's hard to ever get them to follow the plan, and one group just happened to be playing particularly clever, and they refused to put the character that was scheduled to die in harms way toward the end of the adventure, for one reason or another. They were playing very smart, and just were fouling up the couple ideas we'd given the GMs for how to kill them. So finally, one of the GMs got frustrated, and said "Ok, you're walking home after the run, you get hit by a bus and die. The End!"

It was amusing, if a bit goofy. The player got extra credit for good roleplaying (It fit with the way he'd been playing the character the entire tourney), and we assured them it wasn't their fault and was simply part of the story... But "Hit by a bus" became a running joke with us for quite some time smile.gif
BishopMcQ
I remember the joke, Moo sprang it on me my first GenCon.
TheForgotten
QUOTE (Tiger Eyes @ Mar 22 2009, 04:36 PM) *

ETA?
Prime Mover
QUOTE (TheForgotten @ Mar 23 2009, 02:21 PM) *
ETA?

When its ready I'm sure.

The tease in past chat about genetweaked critters and evil bunnies just makes me want it sooner rather then later.
Cardul
I am actually surprised that no-one asked about Holostreets, given the evidence that it is going to be available in the near future in the PDF of SR4A.
Prime Mover
With a policy of we'll tell you when its ready and the fact that holostreets has been "in the works" for along time probably silences many questioners.
Prime Mover
Speaking of chat stuff. A few chats ago there was mention of converting items from the German Arsenal to English. Even remember a list of items in question floating around on Dumpshock. Still gonna happen?
HardSix
QUOTE (Bull @ Mar 22 2009, 04:21 PM) *
Hehe. This is a long running joke with me and the Shadowrun Dev's, going back to FASA and Mike Mulvihill. smile.gif I don't even have a plan or a story for it, I just someday want to be the guy that killed Harley. Probably hit him with a bus or something wink.gif
QUOTE (Prime Mover @ Mar 23 2009, 04:09 PM) *
...genetweaked critters and evil bunnies...

Maybe there should be a contest or something for best ways (with categories for most ironic, funniest, most satisfying) to bump off Harley. My vote... 6th world vorpal rabbit. grinbig.gif
BishopMcQ
For reference, evil bunnies can be made under the rules presented in Arsenal. Writing for Running Wild just opened my eyes to wonderful new, terrifying possibilities.
Prime Mover
Fuzzy cuddly bunnies with cranial bombs? Shock fur? Poisonous fangs?
hobgoblin
how about a concealed blade?
Wesley Street
"Look out Farmer McGregor. Peter Rabbit's back!"

*schnick!*
martindv
QUOTE (Prime Mover @ Mar 24 2009, 10:40 PM) *

Special Forces bunnies.

QUOTE (BishopMcQ @ Mar 21 2009, 02:05 PM) *
Nath: Has Nadja Daviar finally married Elvis Presley, and will we get pictures of the ceremony in any upcoming book ?
BobbyDerie> Not Elvis, no - the mothership hasn't brought him back yet. Don't be surprised if Nadja makes an appearance in an upcoming book though.

Neat.
Warlordtheft
QUOTE (Prime Mover @ Mar 24 2009, 09:40 PM) *

Nah...innate spell-orgy.

devil.gif
Ryu
QUOTE (Warlordtheft @ Mar 26 2009, 12:45 AM) *
Nah...innate spell-orgy.

devil.gif

rotfl.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012