Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hybridising editions
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Laesin
Hi all.
Just to get my first post off to a bad start I hate the fourth edition basic system, however I love the setting material and would like to integrate the wireless matrix (including technomancers) into the third edition game I intend to run in a few weeks time.
Could anyone help me with a 4th/3rd conversion for the matrix rules please?
Matsci
QUOTE (Laesin @ Mar 31 2009, 04:47 PM) *
Hi all.
Just to get my first post off to a bad start I hate the fourth edition basic system, however I love the setting material and would like to integrate the wireless matrix (including technomancers) into the third edition game I intend to run in a few weeks time.
Could anyone help me with a 4th/3rd conversion for the matrix rules please?

Take Cyberdeck. Add Flux Rating from a VCR. Shrink. You have a Commlink.

Technomancer: Take Otaku. Remove Cyberware. Add Flux Rating based on Resonance.
Laesin
To clarify, I intend to use the fourth edition setting material, and equipment costs (nuyen and essence) and add technomancers as category B magic, adjusting starting resources so A=250000, B=110000, C=50000, D=20000, E=5000, Adept Powers will use SR4 costs where they differ from SR3, and I shall have cybered sensory enhancements equal to natural ones.
Laesin
@ Matsci,
I don't have Otaku rules so taking that advice is inapplicable, and with regards to the Matrix it's less a cyberdeck/commlink issue than it is the entirely new Matrix iconography. Thank you for the suggestions but I'd already considered and rejected them after due consideration.
Matsci
QUOTE (Laesin @ Mar 31 2009, 06:23 PM) *
To clarify, I intend to use the fourth edition setting material, and equipment costs (nuyen and essence) and add technomancers as category B magic, adjusting starting resources so A=250000, B=110000, C=50000, D=20000, E=5000, Adept Powers will use SR4 costs where they differ from SR3, and I shall have cybered sensory enhancements equal to natural ones.

Just FYI, Runners Compainion has Priority Build system for 4e. Technos are D+ Magic, like Adepts, and the newyens are 250000, 140000, 70000, 15000, and 5000.

Laesin
Cheers for that, chances are it will be a great help. RC is next on my list to buy,
If Adepts and Technos are priority D what are the other Awakened priorities? Adepts were definitely B in 3rd. I'm pleased to see my own resources estimates weren't too far out of line, although rather skewed upwards by a margin.
Synner667
This links to a SRv3 forum, where they discuss all sorts of things, including updating it with SRv4 stuff.

Shadowrun 3 project index.
Stahlseele
there's other people allready doing that? O.o
i was gonna try and transfer some of the stuff from SR4 to 3rd ed . . once i could get myself to actually do that much work ^^
Dwight
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Apr 1 2009, 03:44 PM) *
there's other people allready doing that? O.o
i was gonna try and transfer some of the stuff from SR4 to 3rd ed . . once i could get myself to actually do that much work ^^

They have been working on SR3R for coming on 4 years now.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012