Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for Critters
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
BullBear
Old time SR player coming back to the fold after 10 years.
I'm trying to get 'core' 3ed stuff, but can't find anything with critters and such. Does the thin booklet in the GM's screen really have it all? Gargoyles, vampires, etc?

Recommend any other sourcebooks for beasties?

Thanks!
Rock-Steady
QUOTE (BullBear)

Does the thin booklet in the GM's screen really have it all?  Gargoyles, vampires, etc?

Yes.

Recommend any other sourcebooks for beasties?

With exception of the to old ones, no.

You will have to wait for the upcoming "Running Wild".
Spookymonster
Yup, the GM's screen covers all the critters contained in the Paranormal Guides to NA and Europe. Unfortunately, it doesn't contain any of the flavor text from those books, just the stats and brief descriptions.
I think Threats and Threats 2 may contain some additional beasties, but I'm not altogether certain.
northern lights
didn't YOTC have a few in it? as i recall it brought back the brithan and shadowmant from earthdawn with different names.
Lilt
I echo what others have said before about the book with the GM screen being the main source.

YotC has the Demon rat (nastier devil rat, some have regeneration), GloMoss(astral security), The Horned Bear (big bear, horns, can't miss it), the Night Manta (presumably the ShadowMant you speak of), the Sangre Del Diablos(big tree, eats people), and the Shambler (sticks corpses to itself).

T:AL has 11 new critters from the australian outback. [edit]In true Oz style one of them isn't even an awakened version[/edit]

MitS is good source if you don't mind throwing your players against bugs and blood magic practicioners.

Threats2 has 2 new (very nasty) typers of spirit, a little more info on bugs, some stuff on drakes but not much else that could be classed as Critter-Like.

Dot6w has more stuff on Drakes, inluding True drakes which are much more powerful.

That's about all I can find critter-wise in my collection.
Dogsoup
T:WL has a handful too. Nothing you can't live without.
GunnerJ
Target: Wastelands has some, as well as descriptions of how to built toxic and mutant critters and some new Awakened diseases.
kevyn668
Does the T:A, have the Bunyip from "Find Your Own Truth"?

And, if so, what do its stats look like? I've been dying for some info for probably a decade or so....
snowRaven
There are some paranimals missing from Critters though - the Munchkin is the only one I remember right now, but I think there was 1 or 2 others.

Also, one critter is detailed in SoTF
[ Spoiler ]
that I don't think has SR3 data anywhere else (except on Steve Kenson's site)
Siege
Truthfully, just tweak the SR2 numbers to fit what you picture for SR3.

-Siege
Kagetenshi
Yes, T:AL has Bunyips. Nasty fraggers, too. Especially traumatizing for those of us who have learned growing up that Bunyips are creatures that just want to be friends.

~J
Herald of Verjigorm
snowRaven:
[ Spoiler ]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012