Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aztechnology in Seattle
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Stormdrake
Where is Aztechnologies main campus/Arcology in Seattle? Am at work, so can't look it up.
Uli
In Downtown (A area) not far from the Renraku arcology.
the_real_elwood
Renraku arcology isn't Renraku's anymore (it's the ACHE now), but yeah, everything else still stands.
TBRMInsanity
Just like people will still call the Sears building in Chicago the Sears building I think it is safe to call the Renraku Archology the Renraku Archology still.
Stormdrake
Thank you all
the_real_elwood
Ya, I was just throwing that out there for correctness. And a little bit of post-whoring.

But yes, I'm sure most of Seattles oldschool street denizens still refer to it as the "Renraku arcology".
Degausser
What is the deal with the ACHE anyway? It's in an A neighborhood, but it is housing for impovershed people who are not allowed to leave? How . . . why . . . . what is the DEAL with that?
the_real_elwood
Don't the ratings have to do with security? Unless something's changed, the UCAS military is still on hand guarding the reactors in the basement and they've got the upper levels still cordoned off. Also, they keep pretty tight control on the entire building, so security is pretty fragging high. But yeah, it's basically the projects in Seattle. So, you don't want to live there, but if you do, you're safe.
Degausser
I still don't get it. Why won't they let the people in ACHE leave? I mean, what, aren't they allowed to look for jobs or something? I realize subsidised housing is never great, but it sounds like they are making it illegal to be poor.
Method
Because you never know what evil lurks in the minds of men... specifically their brains...
MYST1C
QUOTE (Degausser @ Apr 3 2009, 07:48 AM) *
I still don't get it. Why won't they let the people in ACHE leave? I mean, what, aren't they allowed to look for jobs or something? I realize subsidised housing is never great, but it sounds like they are making it illegal to be poor.
Keep in mind that ACHE's inhabitants were not forced to live there - they voluntarily signed a contract: They get housing, food and everything else, they may work in the arcology if they find a job. The drawback is that they may not leave until their contract expires (except for a few days of vacation each year) and their contact with the outside world is heavily filtered and censored. For some people that may be a nice deal - better than dying in the streets anyway.
Seattle on the other hand gets hundreds of thousands of underclass people off the streets, thus reducing crime and earning PR points as the city obviously "cares for her poor and helpless". Plus, the city had to do something with the arcology now that she owns it. Selling it should be impossible, with the history of the building, the size and price, and the fact that some parts are still occupied by the UCAS Army...
GreyBrother
It's so that those darn poor people don't clutter the beautiful downtown streets.
Muspellsheimr
Random Post # 10
Mickle5125
RE: Aztech archology's location.

There's a little bit over there, and over here, and way over in the corner too...

My characters seem to be united in their dislike for Aztechnology. Somethin' bout gov't sponsored bloodmagic just lights their fuse, so to speak...
nezumi
If memory serves, Aztechnology pyramid is a few miles NE of the Renraku SCIRE (the SCIRE being on the waterfront, off of Alabastian st., or whatever it's called.)
CanRay
And, if a few people disappear from the ACHE, well, things happen, Chummer. Things happen, and questions are not asked, you understand?

No, apparently you don't. Mr. Tiny here will demonstrate what happens to people who ask questions.

Good, now that he's ripped your tongue... And lower jaw from your mouth, you can crawl over to Doc Cutter's there and get fixed up. Consider this an important lesson. The next one will permenantly change your outlook on life.

Permenantly.
MYST1C
QUOTE (nezumi @ Apr 3 2009, 03:55 PM) *
the SCIRE being on the waterfront, off of Alabastian st., or whatever it's called.
IIRC is was said somewhere that Renraku Arcology is located at today's Pioneer Square.
Sykoholic
To answer both questions regarding location, go here.

***WARNING: Link leads to large image.

BTW: North is to the left on the map, if anyone is wondering.
CanRay
What? No Monorail service to the Azzie Arcology?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012