Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Custom Hand Grenades
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Prime Mover
Saw a segment on the news last night about the women at a courthouse going through a metal detecter and it picking up the hand grenade gear shifter in her purse. Mayhem ensues.

http://images.gstyle4u.com/www.gstyle4u.com/DEFGRNADEM.jpg

Pimped out hand grenades for your pink mohawk types, all kinds of interesting colors and shapes.

This brings me to something else I've been thinking about. I know thats dangerous stuff thinking. With everything being wireless and it implied that grenades are as well. What are the rules for subscribing a grenade and detonating it wirelessly? Should the grenade be subscribed before or after you pull the pin? Could you set a timer on it or just be able to detonate as a free action anytime as long as your in signal range? Anyone have any on table experience they'd like to share?
CanRay
Wireless Grenade Nodes... Bah. All the more reason to buy Army Surplus and get the old kind that just goes boom after three-to-five seconds.

Back on topic, what you can do with a Wireless Grenade, well, what can you do with a modern Wireless Detonator today? All that and a few more extras!

Detonate when this signal occurs, detonate when this signal is disrupted, detonate on a timer, detonate if a signal is not given by a countdown (Signal resets countdown. Great for duct taping to someone's mouth as intimidation!).

Remember, however, this is the VERY definition of a disposable item, and it probably is as cheaply made as possible. You get what you pay for.

Me, I'd rather burn the wireless out after setting the grenades how I want them, keeping some "Special" ones handy, and doing the fancy stuff with higher-end explosives and detonators I can custom build with some good IC on 'em.
Prime Mover
Subscribing is the important issue. If you can subscribe prior to pin being pulled then the device is open to hacking prior to use. If you have to subscribe after you pull the pin but before you release the "spoon" one would have to keep in mind it requires a complex action.

Stahlseele
wanna really scare someone?
Drop some grenades on them that scream loudly I AM A GRENADE ABOUT TO EXPLODE via wireless.
Then be an asshole, attach the same wireless signal to a boat load of stones or other such stuff and
throw that on them too . .
next, do both things at once.
now everytime someone throws something in their general direction that blares out the "i am a grenade" signal everybody and their mom had better take cover.
if it happens often enough without it being a grenade and they start ignoring it, throw in the occassional real grenade too.
and then stop with the whole wireless and use old fashioned grenades that do not say anything but simply go boom unexpected ^^
Or switch out the description of enemy grenades and have them guessing, what kind of grenade they are using and when it will go boom.
Tanegar
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Apr 4 2009, 11:24 AM) *
Drop some grenades on them that scream loudly I AM A GRENADE ABOUT TO EXPLODE via wireless.

Heh. There's a scene in Starship Troopers (the book, not the aberration of a movie) where one of the MI grunts throws a bomb that shouts "I'm a thirty-second bomb! I'm a thirty-second bomb! Twenty-nine! Twenty-eight..." I always thought that was funny as hell.
Stahlseele
yep, me too ^^
Kingboy
Likely where they borrowed the bit in Arsenal about the sadistic mercs and their countdown grenades.

When we first read the Modification rules in Arsenal and realized you could use them on grenades, a buddy of mine and I were overjoyed to find you could essentially make LAMs from Deus Ex (one of the most useful weapons in that game to my mind). Whether or not it's cost effeicient, that's another story.

Speaking of not cost efficient yet looping back to the original post, I suppose you could use the Custom Look mod if you wanted chromed grenades for some reason. cyber.gif
Dumori
Charmelion coated grenades with gecko-tape that run hidden are nasty. Place on traget BOOM! when needed. Customizing gas/toxin grenades is even more awesome as they are re-useable
Draco18s
QUOTE (Dumori @ Apr 4 2009, 04:32 PM) *
Charmelion coated grenades

chameleon
Stahlseele
Now THAT is an Idea i can get behind o.O
GreyBrother
QUOTE (Tanegar @ Apr 4 2009, 09:41 PM) *
Heh. There's a scene in Starship Troopers (the book, not the aberration of a movie) where one of the MI grunts throws a bomb that shouts "I'm a thirty-second bomb! I'm a thirty-second bomb! Twenty-nine! Twenty-eight..." I always thought that was funny as hell.

Not to forget the Grenades from the (YMMV) Game which you pulled up and started with a nice and cheerfull "Hello! Three... Two... One..."
Stahlseele
Or in one of the new command and conquer Games.
That one allied Time-Bomb. Went 3, 2, 1, Have a nice day! *smiley* _BOOM_
Dumori
Sounds like dystopia's cortex bomb. Whining bleeping getting higher then "good bye" BOOM! oddly one of my favurate weapons.
Draco18s
Then there was the bomb that was supposed to scuttle the starship Titanic. It had a personality and a very bad memory. By talking to it you could get it to forget what number it was on and it had to start over (from 1000). It was even tricked once into counting upwards.
cndblank
Off topic I know, but I thought Starship Trooper, the movie, had a wicked sense of humor.

Still it is a shame they missed/left out the point that to be a citizen (and able to vote) in that society you only had to but your time in to government service in some way.

To be a full citizen and able to vote you had to earn it by being a part of the government.

The military was just one branch.

And no one could be turned away for any reason. If you were deaf and blind they would find you a job so you could serve and earn the right to vote.
ICPiK
I thought it was hilarious that they all got death from above tattoo's. They were an infantry unit and in space i spit my soda out laughing and everyone thought i was insane but i always think of that clip.
Method
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Apr 4 2009, 08:24 AM) *

Or "This is a bomb fuckheads, wake the fuck up!" in a voice oddly similar to Bruce Willis... cyber.gif
Draco18s
QUOTE (Method @ Apr 6 2009, 08:29 PM) *
Or "This is a bomb fuckheads, wake the fuck up!" in the voice oddly similar to Bruce Willis... cyber.gif

Ok, what is that website? Another Version of the Truth. Huh?
Method
Answers.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Method @ Apr 6 2009, 09:26 PM) *

This looks like the largest and most conveluted Augmented Reality Game I've ever seen.
Method
In deed. And developed in part by Jodan Weismann of FASA fame...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012