Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: confusion sucks
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
northern lights
the following has me a bit confused, i got it from following the dunkie's bequests thread.
To the last Knight of the Crying Spire, I leave the suit of armor worn by Richard the Lion-hearted on his Crusade, because it's up to You to lead the next one. I also leave you the sword Excalibur - unfortunately, I can't seem to find it at the moment. To whomever finds Excalibur, deliver it to the Draco Foundation for a reward and title. The Draco Foundation will promptly turn the sword over to you, my knight.

>>>>>[You can lead a horse to water...
Not a very appropriate saying, given how much you drink nowadays. You can't run away forever, you know, and the longer you try the more it will hurt at the end. ]<<<<<
            · Umbrafer [06-01-2004 / 18:54:20]
              Holding back the darkness

>>>>>[Oh, shut it. I did my part. Twice. And it cost me dearly, so please stuff your sanctimonious drivel where the sun don't shine.]<<<<<
            · The Laughing Man [07-01-2004 / 02:25:27]

>>>>>[He lost Excalibur!!! What next? The holy grail is going to go missing?..oh wait...]<<<<<
            · Hardpack [12-01-2004 / 16:28:40]
              Paranoia. A way of life.

>>>>>[I will see you in 11 years, Laughing Man. We know what you are, and what's going to happen.]<<<<<
            · Memphis [12-01-2004 / 18:04:27]

>>>>>[What the bloody fragging hell are you talking about? ]<<<<<
            · Titanium [13-01-2004 / 14:51:11]
              "Death couldn't take me. Think you can? Please....try."
so what happens in 11 years? i am a bit lost, though i am more than knowledgeable with IE's

any help is most appreciated.
Lilt
I don't know. Personally I find it interesting that those people left comments in the year 2004 nyahnyah.gif
northern lights
yes but i was under the assumption that the posting went along with canon material (strongly supported by the post by "the laughing man"). my only thought was that in 11 years, supposedly blood elves would again sprout thorns, but our dear friend wasn't a blood elf if i recall. he was an abassador from that other city. serethia?

anyway, who knows. like i said i was just wondering what other people had heard
kevyn668
Sounds like only a few of the players in that conversation are "in the know".

Umbrafer is probably a GD or IE that knows about the Horrors and is actively trying to stall their advance. He/she is aware of the Laughing Man's past (recent and not so recent) skirmishes w/ the Enemy.

The Laughing Man... Go read AH's site. Someone will post here soon, I would but don't have it on this computer.
He (LM) seems to be the most willing to fight the Enemy. The sword is probably symbolic for "fighting spirit" or some drek--hey, I think I'm on to something here. Imagine that run: "How do you steal that which has no form?"

Memphis is a Bad Guy. Horror agent or some other Big Bad.

11 years from D's wacking....2068. Dunno. Next wave of Shedim? Enemy? Something else?

Who knows. But the "Bad People" know that there are beings around that are aware of their existence and plans so we could (have) expect(ed) to see some moving and shaking in the immortal department.

Thats what I think, anyway.

I'm going to assume that the "2004" is a typo. wink.gif
Fortune
Guys! This is all from the Annotable Will, which is on DV8's web site. The comments are posts from 'real people' who have logged into the site. They don't necessarily have anything to do with anything. I don't know just what this Memphis dude has been smoking, but I don't recall anything in canon corresponding to what he's yapping on about.
kevyn668
Fortune Posted on Jan 14 2004, 12:52 AM
  Guys! This is all from the Annotable Will, which is on DV8's web site. The comments are posts from 'real people' who have logged into the site. They don't necessarily have anything to do with anything. I don't know just what this Memphis dude has been smoking, but I don't recall anything in canon corresponding to what he's yapping on about. 

Well shit.

Q: Don't I feel stupid?

A: "Yes". *slaps own head*

Someone should post a disclaimer on that puppy.
Dogsoup
Hehe, I gotta say that shadowtalk was pretty entertaining and somewhat well written, if a bit poofy on Harly's part.
My take on Memphis was that it was members of some threat, Winterknight or Humanis for example, who've gotten a wiff of knowledge and half-thruths, starting to imagine they're in the big league.
Kagetenshi
Why thank you.

Umbrafer
"Holding back the darkness"
Siege
A little vaseline might help it to hurt less in the end.

-Siege
DV8
Bwhahahahahaa. This is all very funny to me. smile.gif

Q: What's the first rule of shadowtalk?
A: It might be true, false, a deliberate lie, a rumour, a counter-rumour or whatever. You have to decide for yourself what's true and what's not. smile.gif
DV8
QUOTE (Lilt)
I don't know. Personally I find it interesting that those people left comments in the year 2004 nyahnyah.gif

Well, like it was explained above, these are all shadowtalk comments left on my website. Mainly by my gaming group as well as DSF and Bulldrek posters. The timestamps are set in 2004 since if I were to add, say 59 years to them and set them in 2063 they'd start to lag behind on the official game timeline. So to undo any confusion, I just keep them on the time the database server receives the comments. smile.gif
Lilt
QUOTE (DV8)
Well, like it was explained above, these are all shadowtalk comments left on my website. Mainly by my gaming group as well as DSF and Bulldrek posters.

I suspected that, but wasn't sure. The inclusion of The Laughing Man, a well-known name for Harley, set me off but I should have guessed from the appearance of Umbrafer (which I was sure I had heard before, and I now remember is another of Kagetenchi's screen names).
DV8
I'm keeping an eye out for retarded shit, like people registering Shadowtalkers like "Richard Villiers" or "Lofwyr" or some such. I'll leave that to the moderators and users who I trust not to abuse that privilege.
toturi
You might want to stop names like Gold Master, Grey Knight, Fastjack, or Script Diver then. Too damned confusing if someone was to impersonate a Shadowtalk person.
DV8
Using AH's handy Immortals Scorecard, I registered a couple of the most popular ones to a dummy account.
northern lights
so DV8, can you clear up one thing for me?

is there any canon reference or even hint for some event pertaining to the 11 years from now comment? i've been trying like hell to keep up to date on anything involving the immortals of the sixth world and i can only think of a couple things having to do with harlequin. also, what is the significance of haveing a poster registered as our beloved knight? will this change at all?

my thanks
Kagetenshi
What with the link to the NPC section, I assume that Laughing Man is none other than our favourite DV8.
As for the 11 years thing, I have no doubt that plenty will happen, but I am unaware of any event supposed to occur in 2075.
Which actually brings up the problem of what year the Shadowtalk is set in; I was wondering about that. Care to shed any light on that?

~J
DV8
QUOTE (northern lights)
so DV8, can you clear up one thing for me?

is there any canon reference or even hint for some event pertaining to the 11 years from now comment? i've been trying like hell to keep up to date on anything involving the immortals of the sixth world and i can only think of a couple things having to do with harlequin. also, what is the significance of haveing a poster registered as our beloved knight? will this change at all?

my thanks

Checking my database, it seems that Memphis is registered to simonw2000. [His email address is in the link for Memphis] I suggest you ask him, because I really wouldn't know. smile.gif Maybe AH can provide you with a definitive answer, he seems to know just about everything SR-related.
Pistons
QUOTE (toturi)
You might want to stop names like Gold Master, Grey Knight, Fastjack, or Script Diver then. Too damned confusing if someone was to impersonate a Shadowtalk person.

I can see blocking most of those names, but Grey Knight belongs to spudman. Note to Deev: So if anyone starts using that name, check the email it's registered to before deleting it or changing it. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012