Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spells and Sensors
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Eyeslikethunder
Hi i am seeking clarification on which spells work on which sensors.

This is how i see them working

Std Video Camera - Improved Invisibility

Ultrasound - Silence

Thermographic- Improved Invisibility

Motion sensors - Silence

Low Light - Improved Invisibility

Radar- None

Sonar - Silence

Pheromone -none

Sound/Vibration Detectors - Silence

Multimeter wave detection - Improved Invisibility

Ultra wide band radar- None

Thermometric -None

Please point any that i have missed or feel that are wrong.

pbangarth
What's the difference between thermographic and thermometric?
Mr. Unpronounceable
Thermometric simply measures heat, it doesn't "see" anything...

For the exact same reason, the thermosense implant is unaffected by invisibility spells, while thermovision can't see squat.

edit: however, it would be possible to design a spell to defeat them using the spell-creation rules in Street Magic, it's just not a book-listed one.
Jaid
most of the non-visual sensors should be affected by chaff. bearing in mind, of course, that this is something like throwing a flashbang in their face, as opposed to anything sneaky.

also, silence is not always the best choice for defeating sensors either... sometimes just having absolutely no sound at all is not much different from making too much sound...
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Jaid @ Apr 6 2009, 06:02 PM) *
most of the non-visual sensors should be affected by chaff. bearing in mind, of course, that this is something like throwing a flashbang in their face, as opposed to anything sneaky.

also, silence is not always the best choice for defeating sensors either... sometimes just having absolutely no sound at all is not much different from making too much sound...

Got caught once by this very dilemma...
Jaid
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Apr 6 2009, 08:50 PM) *
Got caught once by this very dilemma...

frankly, this should probably show up anytime you are around ultrasound. sure, it may not see *you*, but it might just notice that the walls, ceiling and floor disappeared. so it'll keep them from knowing exactly where you are, but it's more like a smoke grenade than it is like a ruthenium polymer suit.

so yeah, i wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people had been caught in this dilemma...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012