Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Custom Transportation
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Christian Lafay
Now we've all seen the cyberskates and the new hover feet but what about older ideas that just weren't fleshed out? There was one post that mentioned wings but my search-fu is week so please forgive me. But I'm talking more about Back to the Future hover boards and skates with motors in them. Anything you got, and the more creative the better.
Tanegar
"Hover feet?!" IMO, cyberskates were over the top, and out of line with Shadowrun's cyberpunk ethos. Kid Stealth legs were just barely within bounds (although how the hell digitigrade legs are supposed to be stealthy, I'll never know). But hover feet? C'mon, now you're just being facetious.
Stahlseele
Take some hover feet, attach to board, hover-board.
Else, two cyber-Arms with rocket punch and grapple-hand with gek stuff and climbing claws.
maybe hover-feet again.
get by using your hands to attach yourself to driving vehicles.
Small Dwarf or Pixy rigger, riding a drone piggyback.
Watch Pilot of streethawk. Yes, the one with the two motorbikes coming from the modded truck.
Heath Robinson
Tanegar,
Ground effect hover disks. A souped up version of the propulsion system used for the Microskimmer Drone.

If I recall correctly the German version of Arsenal has a basic version of YT's plank in it.
Christian Lafay
Must.... have.... THE PLANK! RadiKS here I com!
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Heath Robinson @ Apr 9 2009, 11:59 PM) *
Tanegar,
Ground effect hover disks. A souped up version of the propulsion system used for the Microskimmer Drone.

If I recall correctly the German version of Arsenal has a basic version of YT's plank in it.

Of what?
Adarael
YT is a character from Snow Crash. Her "plank" was her skateboard. It had smartwheels, same as the Doble-O monobike in Arsenal.
Stahlseele
Ah.
Over in the ADL Nexus we have just been discussing something like this.
Skate-Board with Gecko-Tips on the Wheels, either Gecko-Feet,Grip-Feet or Adept Wall-Running, to allow for driving up and down walls and the such.
Heath Robinson
Stahlseele,
By the English release versions of smart wheels any board which could use them would have to be a Drone. Hence, why I mentioned there being a basic version, since I thought the German release of Arsenal had a Drone board in it. Can you confirm?

For motorised skates, well, you take a pair of Ferret RPD-1Xes and give them some custom machinery to attach to your feet. That should cost about 6.2K. On the other hand, you don't have to do any work yourself. They're fully autonomous, and you have a pretty impressive acceleration and maximum speed. Give it Improved Suspension, SunCell, Gecko Tips, Fuzzy Logic, and Smart Tires for the ability to truly go anywhere.
Stahlseele
Did not buy german Versions.
Only got English ones.
Will try and dig up a german arsenal up at a buddy or something.
Christian Lafay
QUOTE (Heath Robinson @ Apr 9 2009, 11:28 PM) *
For motorised skates, well, you take a pair of Ferret RPD-1Xes and give them some custom machinery to attach to your feet. That should cost about 6.2K. On the other hand, you don't have to do any work yourself. They're fully autonomous, and you have a pretty impressive acceleration and maximum speed. Give it Improved Suspension, SunCell, Gecko Tips, Fuzzy Logic, and Smart Tires for the ability to truly go anywhere.

Now THAT is what I'm talking about
CanRay
One of my PC, Doctor McCoy, uses himself as a form of transportation.

Athletics: Parkour at an insanely high level. Some cybernetics that help him with it, but that's it. He usually drives one of those Horsemen vehicles (PMVs?) that he's had the engine modified so it can do highway speeds (Barely).

So far, the group has figured out that he's the best person to take out anyone up on top of, well, anything, as he can find a way up there. A Sniper in a Dockyard Crane was surprised how fast he could get up there!

Here's the kicker, he's a Dwarf. So much for that "I don't have to outrun the dragon, just the..." joke with McCoy around!
Heath Robinson
Dwarf Street Sams with Parachuting should take a Fed-Boeing Kull with Special Machinery: Drop Harness. One hell of a way to do a hostile insertion.

They may cry out whatever they wish whilst on a HALO drop. Personally, I'll be using "MADNESS?! THIS. IS. SEATTLE!"
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Tanegar @ Apr 9 2009, 02:54 PM) *
"Hover feet?!" IMO, cyberskates were over the top, and out of line with Shadowrun's cyberpunk ethos. Kid Stealth legs were just barely within bounds (although how the hell digitigrade legs are supposed to be stealthy, I'll never know). But hover feet? C'mon, now you're just being facetious.

Kid Stealth was the name of the Character that originated the tech in the novels (He was outfitted with custom legs)... they were named after him...
Tanegar
So... a character named Kid Stealth had himself a pair of custom cyberlegs built that completely destroyed his ability to be stealthy? ohplease.gif
Jaid
QUOTE (Tanegar @ Apr 9 2009, 10:58 PM) *
So... a character named Kid Stealth had himself a pair of custom cyberlegs built that completely destroyed his ability to be stealthy? ohplease.gif

he wasn't socially stealthy, more "climb over that wall and not be seen" stealthy.

digitigrade legs would not especially increase or decrease your ability to move stealthily, but they would presumably increase your ability to climb, jump, and otherwise get into hard-to-reach places, allowing you to take pathways that are not as closely watched.
CanRay
Kid Stealth also had a normal set of legs he could switch out, and that even his friends and associates had never seen him with.

When you're so obvious, turning back to normal makes you blend in all the more.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012