Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [Tech] Another step closer
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Heath Robinson
From the nation that brought you AR on your desktop as a commercial product comes another step towards the glorious AR-enhanced future. The impressive thing? This appears to be an amateur application of the technologies, given the use of community favourite virtual idol Hatsune Miku (widely used in amateur music production for vocal elements).

Edit: Please alert me if you can't see the videos. Niconicodouga normally requires a signup, but I had heard that Sancon had an agreement to allow hotlinking.
Draco18s
Videos are visible. Slow loading, but visible.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Heath Robinson @ Apr 12 2009, 04:50 PM) *
From the nation that brought you AR on your desktop as a commercial product comes another step towards the glorious AR-enhanced future. The impressive thing? This appears to be an amateur application of the technologies, given the use of community favourite virtual idol Hatsune Miku (widely used in amateur music production for vocal elements).

Edit: Please alert me if you can't see the videos. Niconicodouga normally requires a signup, but I had heard that Sancon had an agreement to allow hotlinking.

That was.... Interesting...
Draco18s
Having watched the whole first video I know exactly what they're doing. It's not really all that hard, either.

It all has to do with the motion capture markers placed in the scene.

Thing is, I could do that without the need for the motion capture markers: Nuke (a Weapon of Mass Creation) has a method of finding those same data-points (that is, still points in a scene such that camera movement can be calculated based on those points' relative movement to each other--typically used to "undo" a shaky camera hand), which is the key to having real-time AR. Nuke can find the points (as well as track moving objects), but it isn't fast. Tracking a seagull across the footage and replacing it with blank sky, for example, takes about...3 minutes per 30 seconds of film.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012