Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Banshee Teeth
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Eimi
Hi, new poster here, though a (moderately) long-time fan of the game. I was just reading through Runner's Companion again recently, and I came upon something that caught my attention a bit more than it had previously. Namely, this line in the description of banshees (ie: elves infected with HMHVV, not the vehicle), on page 61.

"Aside from an exaggerated gauntness and more prominent incisors, they are virtually identical to other elves."

More specifically, it was the "more prominent incisors" part that caught my eye. Are banshees all bucktoothed? Do they have a distinct case of Horse-Teeth, and this is the real reason noble elves think they're cursed? The image of a banshee grimacing at her victim as she induced supernatural terror in them took on a whole new level of hilarity it hadn't had before.

The fact that their teeth aren't mentioned as being altered at all in the description of changes on page 80 (other than possessing a bite attack identical to the vampire's), and art of the Infected Lineup seems to suggest slightly (smaller than vampire, however) enlarged canines makes me wonder if the person writing the earlier entry had been up too late and did a bit of accidental transposition, which slipped through unnoticed. Or, maybe banshees really do all have a honking big set of choppers, and their attempts at smiling is what bestows their Fear effect upon them (no offense, folks, I'm a bit dentally challenged, myself). Any thoughts, chummers? Jokes are also welcome, of course.
paws2sky
Sounds like a typo.

-paws

PS I'm sure someone will point out that artwork is non-canon, so you shouldn't expect the art to match the description.
(Which, BTW, is something I find ridiculous. But maybe that's just me.)
Dumori
May be the incisors are more like the old silent move vampire where they are also form a point. Or more like mine my
maxillary lateral incisors are quite small with a steep point with my mandibular lateral incisors are more pointed filling the gap between my maxillary lateral incisors and maxillary central incisors when my mouth is closed. My central incisors are quite standard however.
Eimi
QUOTE (Dumori @ Apr 13 2009, 08:44 AM) *
May be the incisors are more like the old silent move vampire where they are also form a point. Or more like mine my
maxillary lateral incisors are quite small with a steep point with my mandibular lateral incisors are more pointed filling the gap between my maxillary lateral incisors and maxillary central incisors when my mouth is closed. My central incisors are quite standard however.

Isn't that more the Nosferatu's territory, though? I mean, cinema-wise, anyway, and in the 'Creating an Infected Character' section, on page 80, they're described as having 'their incisors grow more pronounced and sharper', though in the 'What are the Infected?' section, on page 63, they're only mentioned has having 'slightly prominent canines', with no mention of their incisors at all, a reverse, almost, of the Banshee situation. Rather confusing, all in all, perhaps something that'll be addressed in the next printing of RC to come in line with the Anniversary edition's changes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012