Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FAB III and Dual Natured Critters
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Wombat
Does anyone know where the rules for Dual-Natured critters losing their Magic are? Do Dual natured creatures die if they're magic id reduced to zero, whether temporarily or permanently?
Draco18s
I know shapeshifters and drakes can't shift form (if temporary loss, permanent may be different, I don't recall offhand--I think they shift back to animal form (shifters) or metahuman form (drakes) first), but that's all I know.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Wombat @ Apr 13 2009, 06:36 PM) *
Does anyone know where the rules for Dual-Natured critters losing their Magic are? Do Dual natured creatures die if they're magic id reduced to zero, whether temporarily or permanently?

If I remember for Awakened Critters, the loss of their magic rating just makes them a mundane critter (Much like a Mage or Adept that loses their last point of magic)... I believe that Spirits, however, are eliminated when their magic rating is reduced to zero as they are creatures made of magic...

Could be wrong though...
Wombat
I know that's why Ares released FAB III into the Chicago CZ, to handle the Insect spirits there, but what was the issue with Ghouls in dealing with FAB III? They lose their Astral Perception ability, but nothing else. Feral Cities makes it sound like they just died off. What if a Dragon were to visit the Zone, which happens to be a Rating 7 Mana Warp?
GreyBrother
Most paracritters that aren't just awakened like a mage need magic to survive. A dragon would die if his magic were reduced to zero permanently, a shifter launched into space withers and dies a horrible death, ghouls go for good (i actually hate that ghouls now have a point of magic that can vanish with 'ware)
darthmord
Runner's Companion covers most of these questions. Generally, unless it's a permanent loss of Magic, it merely restricts the creature in its current form and cannot use its higher magical abilities.

I know this was hashed out before on some previous threads and those involved Mana Static.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012