Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Order of resolution
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
darthmord
What is the RAW order of resolution for the following piece of Bioware?

Trauma Damper

Platelet Factories

The Trauma Damper reduces the damage you take 1 point and shifts it like so... Physical -> Stun -> Nothing.

Thus, if you take two points of Physical damage, with a Trauma Damper, you take only 1 point of Physical and 1 point of Stun. If all the damage you took (let's say from Drain) was 1 Stun, after the Trauma Damper, you'd take 0 Stun.

Now for the Platelet Factory, it reduces all Physical damage taken by 1 point *IF* you take 2 or more points of Physical Damage. It doesn't shift the damage anywhere, just flat out makes it go away.

So is there a RAW order of resolution for the above items? If so, what is it?
Moon-Hawk
Unofficially, I would rule the platelet factory takes effect first, then the trauma damper. If there's an official answer somewhere I am not aware of it.
Caadium
Oddly enough, I've not thought about this regarding 4th edition rules. In the previous editions they both worked if you suffered a 'Moderate' wound or higher so it wasn't an issue. After all, a 'Moderate' wound was 3 boxes and therefore both would generally work together.
BlueMax
QUOTE (darthmord @ Apr 15 2009, 09:50 AM) *
What is the RAW order of resolution for the following piece of Bioware?

Trauma Damper

Platelet Factories

The Trauma Damper reduces the damage you take 1 point and shifts it like so... Physical -> Stun -> Nothing.

Thus, if you take two points of Physical damage, with a Trauma Damper, you take only 1 point of Physical and 1 point of Stun. If all the damage you took (let's say from Drain) was 1 Stun, after the Trauma Damper, you'd take 0 Stun.

Now for the Platelet Factory, it reduces all Physical damage taken by 1 point *IF* you take 2 or more points of Physical Damage. It doesn't shift the damage anywhere, just flat out makes it go away.

So is there a RAW order of resolution for the above items? If so, what is it?

I dont have Aug handy but the end of the Trauma Dampener covers this. Can anyone cut and paste?

From what I remember, Platelet factory is AFTER Trauma.
Writer
I think this is what you are looking for ... I happened to spot this a few days ago while looking for something else.

QUOTE (Augmentation, Pg 70, bottom of first column to top of second column:)
When combined with a platelet factory, the trauma damper is applied first, then the platelet factory effect is applied (i.e., the platelet factory is only beneficial if 3 or more boxes of damage are suffered).

Moon-Hawk
QUOTE (BlueMax @ Apr 15 2009, 11:59 AM) *
I dont have Aug handy but the end of the Trauma Dampener covers this. Can anyone cut and paste?

From what I remember, Platelet factory is AFTER Trauma.

Oops, you're right.
Augmentation pg 70
When combined with a platelet factory, the trauma damper is applied first, then the platelet factory effect is applied (i.e., the platelet factory
is only beneficial if 3 or more boxes of damage are suffered).
BlueMax
Our new Troll has both, so I kinda have experience with this setup.

BlueMax
/me grumbles "Don't you have enough boxes to take a hit like a real runner?"
Writer
QUOTE (BlueMax @ Apr 15 2009, 12:07 PM) *
/me grumbles "Don't you have enough boxes to take a hit like a real runner?"

Now THAT is funny!
Here is how I imagined the scene ...

There you are, standing next to the troll, looking at the trolls chest peppered with bullet holes, as he squeezes a bullet out like popping a zit. The troll looks down at you with a sad face and says, "That hurts." You look up in surprise and say, "I thought the implants took care of that." The troll says, "No, what you said. It hurts."

(Yeah, I work night shift and it is currently 1:30pm. Now, I wonder how that will look if it turns up in a dream.)
BlueMax
QUOTE (Writer @ Apr 15 2009, 10:30 AM) *
Now THAT is funny!

There you are, standing next to the troll, looking at the trolls chest peppered with bullet holes, as he squeezes a bullet out like popping a zit. The troll looks down at you with a sad face and says, "That hurts." You look up in surprise and say, "I thought the implants took care of that." The troll says, "No, what you said. It hurts."

(Yeah, I work night shift and it is currently 1:30pm. Now, I wonder how that will look if it turns up in a dream.)

This is my kind of humor and I am not afraid to admit it. Thank you for this as I am now forwarding it to Czar (the troll) now. And I think I know just the straight man to help set it up.
Kev
QUOTE (Writer @ Apr 15 2009, 12:30 PM) *
Now THAT is funny!

That was spectacular and awesome. Thank you for contributing to my day! rotfl.gif
Stahlseele
Ah, yes, why we play Shadowrun:
Silly stuff like that ^^
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Kev @ Apr 15 2009, 04:17 PM) *
That was spectacular and awesome. Thank you for contributing to my day! rotfl.gif

I Second that... Or is it Third it... whatever, it was awesome...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012