Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newbie Question
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
BullBear
Before I get broiled, I tried to read the other post, but couldn't make heads or tails of'em.

Can someone very briefly exlpain what exactly these horrors and immortals are?
I take it they were prophesized in Earthdawn, but i know nothing of that game.

Thanks.
Reaver
QUOTE (BullBear @ Jan 14 2004, 08:15 PM)
Before I get broiled, I tried to read the other post, but couldn't make heads or tails of'em.

Can someone very briefly exlpain what exactly these horrors and immortals are?
I take it they were prophesized in Earthdawn, but i know nothing of that game.

Thanks.

Horrors - A race of nasties from a deep dark metaplane. They ravage the world and prey on living beings for various reasons. Think of them as demons being unleashed from the depths of hell.

Immortals are typically the immortal elves that have lived since Earthdawn times when they were created by, Alamais, if I remember correctly.

Hope that helps. smile.gif
Shockwave_IIc
Oh another mistake to chalk up on Alamais's board nyahnyah.gif
BullBear
Thanks, Reaver.

Is this stuff from novels or sourcebooks?
(I only have the 'main' books)
RedmondLarry
They are in some novels and some adventure books.

The "Earthdawn" books are from a different FASA game, set thousands of years earlier than the Shadowrun game, at a time when magic was previously present in the world. Both horrors and immortal elves have been in novels. An Immortal Elf may have lived from the Earthdawn time up till the Shadowrun time. Dragons as well.

In the Shadowrun game, I believe Immortal Elves are introduced in the "Harlequin" adventure, and Horrors in the "Harlequin's Back" adventure. Both are found occasionally in later source material.

Horrors can't generally get to Earth until the level of Magic rises to a certain level, projected to be a couple thousand years in the future of Shadowrun, but a few and their agents may be present and trying to shorten that time. Some who know of the Horrors are trying to delay their arrival.

Everyone in the 2060s know that Dragons exist, but knowledge of Immortal Elves and Horrors is not widespread.
Herald of Verjigorm
QUOTE (Reaver)
Horrors - A race of nasties from a deep dark metaplane.

[nitpick]Race is too specific a term. Species is too specific a term. Biosphere starts to get close to the proper term.[/nitpick]
BullBear
Perfect, OurTeam.
Thanks!
Dogsoup
One excellent rendering of very Horror-like entitites can be found in the old comic-classic Zenith by Grant Morrison. Don't know how easy it's to get hold of these days; If there's reprints for reasonable prices and you're a comic enthusiast, don't hesitate.
Req
Well, that, and H. P. Lovecraft.

ia! ia! Cthuhlu fthagn!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012