Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: April Chat
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
BishopMcQ
Sadly I was writing and the chat was very fast-paced. I think I may be missing a few posts in the middle. Here is a big chunk of it though, including some pre-chat madness...

[ Spoiler ]
tsuyoshikentsu
Thud has a vampire (or something) after his poor old mum. biggrin.gif Thud's my favorite PC EVER.
SincereAgape
That was a lot of fun. Tsuyoshikentsu, I was playing "Risa." the female vampire who was making references to snacking on Thud's mother. I was trying to depict Risa from the "On the Run" http://paizo.com/store/downloads/fanPro/sh...n/v5748btpy7pph if you've ever played it.

smile.gif

Also. Was reading the interactions between Net-Cat with the rest of the posters about Slam-O. Classic.
tsuyoshikentsu
Oh yeah! That makes tons more sense now.

That was indeed tons of fun. They should do that more often.
Ancient History
I honestly expected more questions about the shadowtalkers themselves. Maybe next time.
BlueMax
QUOTE (Ancient History @ Apr 18 2009, 02:32 PM) *
I honestly expected more questions about the shadowtalkers themselves. Maybe next time.

If you seed it, it will grow.
tsuyoshikentsu
QUOTE (Ancient History @ Apr 18 2009, 01:32 PM) *

TBH, there's a lot in the world of SR that I'm more curious about than the shadowtalkers. They're all interesting characters, of course, but I have a good sense of who they are because there's such a huge corpus on them -- even if it is only snarky comments. On the other hand, a lot of things that got asked about were either 1) upcoming products ("Hey, butch, any new bioware coming?") or 2) parts of the setting that haven't been talked about in a good long while.
SincereAgape
QUOTE (Ancient History @ Apr 18 2009, 05:32 PM) *

I enjoyed this chat format. In the beginning Dunner allowed the fans to chat OOC about SR missions, and then afterwords the creative teams found creative ways to answer questions about storylines, events, and nuiances about the SR universe. The foundations were laid for future chats centering around the shadowtalkers themselves. Netcat, Red Anya, Frosty, Sticks, and Turbo Bunny really stuck out in my mind during the interaction. Would have enjoyed to see more of Slam-O, but he served his purpose smile.gif

I would love to see future online chat sessions conducted in this same manner. The more the fans talk to this characters, hopefully the more they will develop.
Warlordtheft
Sad I missed it...family events got in the way. Any idea when the next sesssion will be?
Tiger Eyes
QUOTE (Warlordtheft @ Apr 19 2009, 12:46 AM) *
Sad I missed it...family events got in the way. Any idea when the next sesssion will be?

The fan chats are always the 3rd Saturday of the month, at 10 AM Seattle time (PDT).
Cardul
Darn! I was hoping for something like the Tempo IC Chat, and the subsequent release of Ghost Cartels at the same time wink.gif

Ah well...I will get to look forward to the news announcements promised by he/she-who-does-not-sign-his/her-twitters!
Prime Mover
Ok I've completely reinstalled my Java and updated and used 3 different browsers. Still having problems with this chat.

Once it becomes moderated I get 10+ plus minutes of lag between refreshes and after 20 minutes or so usually just locks up. Once they shut off mod and go back to public room I just get disconnected all together.

Anyone has any further ideas of how to fix this please let me know I've run out of ideas and past suggestions haven't worked.

On a lighter note, great chat! I for one am just chaffing at the bit for info regarding 09 releases, so much looking forward too and so little information coming out of the Catalyst dungeons.
martindv
"bad choice"?

Is that what they call it now? Interesting.
Cardul
QUOTE (Prime Mover @ Apr 19 2009, 09:07 AM) *
On a lighter note, great chat! I for one am just chaffing at the bit for info regarding 09 releases, so much looking forward too and so little information coming out of the Catalyst dungeons.

I am planning on heading to GenCon this year..and, honestly, given how it is may, and we have not had a dead tree release for anything from CGL yet, I am expecting my pocketbook is going to be screaming "RAPE! RAPE!" when I stop at the CGL booth and all the shiny new books that will likely be released at GenCon...

(Side note: Interesting..the spell checker in my browser recognized GenCon, but not Gencon...)
The Jake
I'm peeved I missed it.

I wanted to ask questions about Fastjack (what is he doing in his old age?), Captain Chaos (since it is all but fact he is an E-ghost - I'm wondering if anyone has seen/heard from him) and Man-Of-Many-Names.

- J.
ravensmuse
Aw, no one asked what happened to Puck. Or did I miss it?
Malachi
QUOTE (ravensmuse @ Apr 20 2009, 05:53 AM) *

That's what I was going to ask. Netcat's comment about him "helping" her does lend support to the rumor that he Emerged.
Tiger Eyes
QUOTE (martindv @ Apr 19 2009, 06:03 PM) *
"bad choice"?

Is that what they call it now? Interesting.

Maybe Netcat has a soft spot for Puck. wink.gif (And hey, knowing Slamm-0! hates Puck can't hurt, either....)
Tiger Eyes
QUOTE (ravensmuse @ Apr 20 2009, 06:53 AM) *

The chat date was Feb 2072. Which meant we couldn't answer questions for things that will happen after that date. Well, except perhaps Arete, but he wasn't at the chat, so... sorry. You'll have to wait. The intro fiction vignette in Feral Cities (with Netcat and Pistons) does have a clue. The story will be continued... in the future... wink.gif
ravensmuse
Thanks TE.

Still need to get a copy of Feral Cities...
Tiger Eyes
Adam has posted the official chat transcript up on SR4.com. With the grey bars for the JackPoint posters, it makes it slightly easier to read...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012