Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Small weapon mounts
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Veggiesama
Does Arsenal (or any other book) have a way to mount weapons on drones with a body 2 or less (or I guess raise the body)?

I'm looking for a small or mini flying drone with a pistol of some sort on it.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Veggiesama @ Apr 20 2009, 03:59 PM) *
Does Arsenal (or any other book) have a way to mount weapons on drones with a body 2 or less (or I guess raise the body)?

I'm looking for a small or mini flying drone with a pistol of some sort on it.

Not that I am aware of...
Zombayz
It'd be GM fiat, but I think it would be reasonable to have a small sized weapon mount for light pistols and holdouts.
Night Jackal
Arsenal page 147
As a general rule, one weapon mount can be added to a vehicle for every 3 points of Body it has, rounded up

Last time I checked.....1/3 Rounded up = 1, So its safe to say that you can put 1 weapon mount on a mini to Medium Drone and 2 Weapon Mounts on a Large Drone. Since 0/3 = 0 you can't put any on Micro drones as it should be.

Now that being said...I would limit Mini-drones to Tasers and Light Pistols and Small Drones Tasers to SMGs and then let the Medium Drones to Large drones mounts have the Tasers to LMGs.
Veggiesama
QUOTE (Night Jackal @ Apr 21 2009, 12:27 AM) *
Arsenal page 147

Last time I checked.....1/3 Rounded up = 1, So its safe to say that you can put 1 weapon mount on a mini to Medium Drone and 2 Weapon Mounts on a Large Drone. Since 0/3 = 0 you can't put any on Micro drones as it should be.

Now that being said...I would limit Mini-drones to Tasers and Light Pistols and Small Drones Tasers to SMGs and then let the Medium Drones to Large drones mounts have the Tasers to LMGs.

That's funny. The SR4 core book says BOD / 3 too, but round down.

I agree with your recommendations though. I will probably handle it like that.
Night Jackal
That is funny...I always ignored the Main book for Drone mods since it was better detailed in Arsenal. I don't think I ever read it.

Its always amazing how one word can change the way something works....I like the Round up though since that could allow 2 mounts on a large Drone (Car sized) which seems accurate.
Dumori
And makes the Nimrod not an odd exception. Ah I'm happy now XD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012