Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mage & Adept Questions!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Ayeohx
How do you hide or tail someone in Astral space? What skill do you use to hide/tail and how do you follow a guy that can move at 6000km/hour?

Damage that happens to your astral form happens to your physical form, and visa versa. If so, while your astral fighting or flying around, can someone medkit your physical body thus healing your astral form?

Scenario: I astral project. I'm 1 meter from my body when a dual natured mage (lets say a ghoul) hits me with a manaball. According to the rules both my astral form and my body would be attacked. Correct?

If a mage gets knocked out is Astral Space what happens? Does he just go unconscious in place (since there is no gravity or inertia)?

Do Adept powers work in space and/or voids? If so, why?

Is it true that dragons cannot go into space due to their dual nature?
Muspellsheimr
Infiltration to hide from Astral Spotters. Shadowing to tail someone unnoticed - although you must be capable of keeping up with your tail, so a Perceiving character cannot tail a Projecting character (unless the Projecting character is going unusually slow).

Yes

Incorrect. A Mana spell can affect either the Astral or Physical - not both. A Physical spell can only affect the Physical. Further, to cast a spell on a plane, you must be active on that plane - a Magician cannot cast a Manaball on the Astral plane if they are not Perceiving or Projecting. Likewise, they cannot cast a Manaball on the Physical plane if they are Projecting.

Stops Projecting & returns to their body, unconscious.

Any time an Adept would loose a point of Magic, they also loose a Power Point worth of Adept Powers. If an awakened character's Magic is reduced to 0, they loose all magical abilities.

Astrally active creatures (including all Dual Natured critters & Perceiving/Projecting characters) take damage each turn they remain within an Ebb, Void, or Surge. They do not take damage in the area of a Domain. In other words, yes, a dragon can enter space, but will be taking 12P each Combat Turn they remain there.
TheOOB
A quick note on the second one, I know a number of GMs who would disallow that. There isn't much a medic could do to heal damage done to your spirit form, as it doesn't leave physical wounds on your body(think magical biofeedback). Magical healing on the other hand.
Ayeohx
Thanks for the reply.

So the ghoul mage, who is dual natured, needs to declare which plane he's casting his manaball spell on. Sound right?

Are you sure that a projecting mage that gets knocked unconscious goes back to his body? This doesn't sound right because when a mage's body gets moved while he is projecting he has a tough time finding it. Are you saying that a mage can just knock himself out with drain so he can reappear in his body?

The other question about adepts was if their powers work in space. Obviously Astral Perception wouldn't work (or wouldn't be advisable) but how about Kiling Hands? According to the rules they're powers can work through magic barriers (unlike spells) so... wtf? smile.gif
Falconer
Yep...

For example, GM wasn't happy once when in a pack of bug spirits... I had the bright idea to start dropping AOE direct astral spells. My allies in the blastzone didn't care becaues they weren't dual natured, while the spirits got lots of TLC from the melee monsters and the stunballs.
DireRadiant
Street Magic has some more explanation.

Space is a Mana Void that has a background count of -7 to -12. Background reduces the magic rating of the entity. Physical adepts will lose their power points. Technically a Magic 13 Physical adept could use at least one power point of powers in space. For practical purposes physical adepts can't use their powers in space.

Now, if by in space, you meant an orbital or some other habitat, then the background count is different, and it may be possible for an adept to use more of their powers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012