Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The SIN of legit programs
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Red-ROM
I am confused about software purchases. If you pay the street cost. Are you buying a legal copy? Do you need a SIN to keep it updated? can you use a fake SIN, and if so, is there a test involved?
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Apr 22 2009, 05:47 PM) *
I am confused about software purchases. If you pay the street cost. Are you buying a legal copy? Do you need a SIN to keep it updated? can you use a fake SIN, and if so, is there a test involved?

Listed Price gets you a legit copy that is protected and registered... if you use it in a hacking crime, it makes it easier for you to be tracked... It is updated automatically... you need a SIN to purchase it (whether it is required for updates is up to the GM, but I would tend to think not), and a Fake SIN will suffice, assuming that it passes the initial authorization... The test would be opposed... SIN agains verification system...

Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Apr 22 2009, 05:47 PM) *

Iocaine Powder... Tasteless and Odorless... I swear it...
Red-ROM
hey, thats the first nod to the princess bride quote biggrin.gif
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Apr 22 2009, 06:03 PM) *
hey, thats the first nod to the princess bride quote biggrin.gif

As you wish...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012