Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: List of Drone Scripting and Commands
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Night Jackal
I was wondering what scripts you have predetermined for your drones while on runs. I writting out a set of defluats that the "dog brain" will follow while running on its own.

I am looking something like:
CODE
When Hub signal lost, Load ECCM program, if still no signal return towards last position of signal.  If still no signal return to predetermined evac position evading detection.

Let know what defualts you always write up or situations you have ran into and wish you would have scripted a default for it.
DireRadiant
I usually have the drone hunt and kill my teammates when it loses my rigger biomonitor signal.
Red-ROM
QUOTE (DireRadiant @ Apr 24 2009, 01:49 PM) *
I usually have the drone hunt and kill my teammates when it loses my rigger biomonitor signal.

hey! me too! grinbig.gif read Jasper's 20 questions!
JoelHalpern
One thing struck be about the scripts.
There seem to be (at least) two ways of treating the scripting description.
One way is to say that the players have to write the scripts. This turns things into a programming "contest" between the GM and the player.
Alternatively, the scripts could simply be viewed as an explanation of why high skill folks can get better use out of "command" and similar programs.

On the one hand, the amount of text given over to the scripts argues for the first interpretation. But, the character could be a great rigger who writes great scripts, but the player may be a theater-oriented with no idea how to write careful conditionals. Making the player write the scripts seems to miss the point of the character having the skill.

Yours,
Joel M. Halpern
Red-ROM
QUOTE (JoelHalpern @ Apr 25 2009, 01:27 PM) *
One thing struck be about the scripts.
There seem to be (at least) two ways of treating the scripting description.
One way is to say that the players have to write the scripts. This turns things into a programming "contest" between the GM and the player.
Alternatively, the scripts could simply be viewed as an explanation of why high skill folks can get better use out of "command" and similar programs.

On the one hand, the amount of text given over to the scripts argues for the first interpretation. But, the character could be a great rigger who writes great scripts, but the player may be a theater-oriented with no idea how to write careful conditionals. Making the player write the scripts seems to miss the point of the character having the skill.

Yours,
Joel M. Halpern

I agree with your argument, I think a script should be reserved for special conditions that you want your drones to react to, and I think that the GM will understand what your intentions are and should look at your characters skill not any actual lines of code. like the afore mentioned deadman trigger. It makes sense to people. I don't think its neccisary to write out;

1)check input from biomod;
-if input from biomonitor fails, goto 2
-if Vitals are online, goto 3
2)check comlink connection;
-if comlink is connected, goto 3
-if comlink is not responding goto 5
3)wait 20 seconds;
-if input from biomonitor fails;goto 4
-if vitals are online, goto 3
4)Aquire and fire weapon on all targets
-if out of ammo, goto 6
5)return to last known commlink location, goto 3
6)attemt to ram targets;
-if no target is available, goto 3
Warentester
Pretty stupid scripts for the end of the 21 century...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012