Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A question on Logic-Linked Skill Tests
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Zenyen
In the description for PuSHeD it says that it gives a +1 to logic-linked skill tests. Would this add a dice to hacking skill tests (since they're logic-linked) or does it only affected skill tests involving logic as one of the components?
Dumori
For Neocortical its all logic based tests it reference hacking in the description. Stating that hacking under pressure would not get the bonus due to the stress Even though I'm quoting the nanowear it dose the same bonus as PuSHeD thus PuSHeD would still give a bonus to the hacking skills. there is a slight wording diffrace
QUOTE ( Augmentation Pg. 110)
Neocortical: Neocortical neural amplifiers enhance frontal
lobe activity, which is essential to a metahuman's abstract thought
processes and problem-solving ability. When using Logic-connected
skills, this implant increases the user's dice pool by +1 per
rating point
, as long as the character is able to concentrate on
the problem at hand without major distractions or encroaching
stressful situations (such as a raging firefight, an ongoing chase, or
hacking an ultra-secure system).

QUOTE ( Augmentation Pg. 91)
PuSHeD: The PostSynaptic HyperDensity protein modification
increases the size of neuronal bundles throughout the
central nervous system. This has statistically been shown to grant
an increase in subjects' IQ. Characters receive a +1 modifier to
Logic-linked skill tests

This wording difference in as far as I can tell a non issue Logic-connected and Logic-linked have in my books the same meaning.
Doc Byte
The bigger problem with PuSHeD's that it's a skill modifier following RAW and in opposition to all other transgenetics no dice pool modifier. I've mentioned the question several times and I'm quite sure it's a misttake, but I got no offical confirmation of that.
Jaid
QUOTE (Doc Byte @ Apr 25 2009, 07:49 AM) *
The bigger problem with PuSHeD's that it's a skill modifier following RAW and in opposition to all other transgenetics no dice pool modifier. I've mentioned the question several times and I'm quite sure it's a misttake, but I got no offical confirmation of that.

it isn't a skill modifier. if it was a skill modifier, it would say that it increases your skill. instead, it just says you get a bonus dice to all logic-linked skill tests.
Doc Byte
QUOTE (Jaid @ Apr 25 2009, 08:40 PM) *
it isn't a skill modifier. if it was a skill modifier, it would say that it increases your skill. instead, it just says you get a bonus dice to all logic-linked skill tests.

I guess someone just forgot the "dice pool" in that sentence, but as I said, no offical confirmation so far.
Muspellsheimr
It does not grant a +1 modifier to your skills - it grants a +1 modifier to your skill tests. As written, it is a dice pool modifier, not a skill modifier.
Doc Byte
Still every other transgenetic genware states explicitly: "...dice pool modifier to x skill test..."
Dumori
Then its just missing.
ArkonC
QUOTE (Doc Byte @ Apr 28 2009, 02:54 PM) *
Still every other transgenetic genware states explicitly: "...dice pool modifier to x skill test..."

And every skill modifier states explicitely it's a skill modifier, so this is a non-argument that just looks like one...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012